• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Zaxis 210-1 throttle not revving enough

Wits_End

I was having issues with having to basically recalibrate the stepper motor every time I started the machine. I continued doing this until one day it started making pretty gross racket when I tried to calibrate, the machine would then turn on full throttle and would not adjust. I found my issue and fixed it and have been waiting to get back on here and give the machine time to ensure it is really fixed.

I too started hearing more of a loud clattering and decided to just take apart the stepper motor assembly for inspection. I found oil/grease with lots of dirt and junk on the inside and a broken rubber gear. I imagine the junk got in there from a failed seal, then wedged in the gear and wore it out over time. The stepper motor itself was very clean and would likely work perfect. What I have found is that the rubber gear is on the position sensor shaft and during the calibration procedure it is made to strip out a few times once maxed out, thus being rubber.

RubberGear1.PNG

StepperAssy1.PNG
It took some looking, but found the replacement rubber gear, but it was $40 and took weeks to get in, while the stepper motor was $140 and took a few days. I didnt know for a fact that the stepper motor was going to fix it all, so I went with the cheapest option. I installed, calibrated, adjusted the throttle to spec and so far it has worked flawlessly.

I appreciate all of the effort in helping me understand more about this system!

Volvomad

Fitted ecu, reset motor center position and ran throttle learning. Same sh!t. Ripped stepper motor and that rubber gear has 1 tooth missing. I have an old motor round here somewhere but it is hiding on me at the minute. Hopefully that will cure mine aswell. Not sorry (yet) for changing ecu as i think the old one may have been a fire hazard. Is your machine still working Wits_End? Where did u get the gear?

Wits_End

Fitted ecu, reset motor center position and ran throttle learning. Same sh!t. Ripped stepper motor and that rubber gear has 1 tooth missing. I have an old motor round here somewhere but it is hiding on me at the minute. Hopefully that will cure mine aswell. Not sorry (yet) for changing ecu as i think the old one may have been a fire hazard. Is your machine still working Wits_End? Where did u get the gear?

You can get the gear on ebay from China, search for Hitachi Rubber Gear, I see prices from $45-75. I purchased the entire stepper motor off ebay for $140. The machine is working great.