• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Zaxis 130-3 what is Temperature (M)

Bogfitter

Afternoon all, I'm wondering if someone can enlighten me as to what
Coolant Temperature (M)
refers to in the monitor on a Hitachi Zaxis 130-3. There seems to be only one coolant temp sensor on the block (isuzu 4jj1) but 2 different readings, when I unplug the sensor coolant temperature (E) drops to minus 40 and coolant temp (M) drops to plus 20 but no further, also if someone could point me in the direction of a service manual for a 130lcn-3 that would be great, seems to be very little info about the -3 online?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The theory of operation for your machine states that the coolant temperature sensor (B43) and the engine temperature sensor (B4) are housed within the same sensor. Maybe @LACHAU can enlighten us some more?

Bogfitter

Excellent information as usual Lachau thank you so much, as I understand it then Coolant Temperature (m) is just the signal for the monitor and so has no effect on say engine preheating or fuel control, this is controlled by the other side of the sensor where the Coolant Temp (e) signal comes from? And so as long as the monitor functions normally there's nothing to worry about?
Where would I find the Technical/Workshop manuals for this machine, I have manuals for EX100 up to ZX120-1 and the later model ZX130-5 but I can't seem to find much for the ZX130-3 Lcn
Thanks again for your excellent information and help