• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

zaxis 120 monitor not working

town hoe

Hi
i have a 2004 zaxis 120 everything works fine except the monitor has quit working
just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I have checked for loose wires and made sure
the plugs are in tight. It was working fine, then it went off one day but came back on again. Now it just
does not turn on at all no gages, no hour meter nothing at all lights up. i am two hrs away from the hitachi dealer so trouble shooting could get expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks mark

town hoe

HI mg2361
yes it is a zaxis 120 -1 i have checked all the fuses that i can find
thanks mark

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I don't have any -1 information, but hopefully someone out there does.

town hoe

thanks mg2361
i hope i can fix it. I just checked the price of a new monitor 1700 cdn.
but that wont help if it is not the problem.

town hoe

Hello everyone
i have solved the problem. It was the monitor i replaced it with a used one
and it is working fine now. thanks

Quint

Did you keep the old one? If so any plan on taking it apart to see if its a simple fix or not gonna bother, just curious.

Quint

Hi Quint
i am just going to throw it away because it is grey market and has jap writing
on it
Understandable, if it was anything close to my 30U would pay to have ya send it to the San Juans but I dont think that is going to be anything close.