• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your opinions on buying an end dump.

gwhammy

I've got eight of the 17.5 axles with air ride. Half are Dayton and half spoke. I was thinking about cutting the homemade triple axle pintle down I don't use anymore then make the other triple axle pintle into a lowboy or sell it and buy some kind of lowboy.

As far as gross weight I don't need to haul 25 tons every load 20 or a hair less would be fine. The dump truck only hauls 15 to 16 and this has worked fine for me. It would just be nice to haul a 963 on a lowboy instead of a pintle hitch and I'm looking at maybe a larger track excavator which won't fit on a pintle very well.

gwhammy

All straight, came out of car haulers. I'm probably going to hold on to them.

A guy around here had a end dump where the tub was quite a ways back from the kingpin, like five or six feet. He also had a long truck and ran in Kansas City a lot. I'm guessing for bridge laws.

My thinking on the short tires and drop deck is being able to load with a skid loader easier.

On the air ride, if you have a dump valve won't this make them more stable? This would make the axles almost solid on a full frame wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Brandt

Your asking the wrong guy. Every dump I've ever deal with has been spring ride. Your thought process makes sense. Never thought about being able to load it with a skid steer, I don't own one so I never thought about the need - good plan!