• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your Lowboy Pictures Wanted

JDOFMEMI

I would say if you made it with everything still shiny side up you were doing good.

Oxbow

Sometimes it takes afew hours to get there and sometimes it takes all day:
007.jpg

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it Mike. May have saved time to unload and reload or just walk the machine farther. Oh well, without days like that you wouldn't appreciate the good ones as much. Starting to feel like spring around the Lochsa/Selway yet?

Mike Mc

Occupation
Oilfields
Mikee, share the good stuff with us. Our curious minds want to know how you got the trailer back up on the road? Got any more pictures?

mike in idaho

We used a D6C cat, tied to the track frame to hold it from tipping over, then swung the house around and put the bucket on the ground below the road. Tipped the machine up on its nose, on the edge of one track, pulled the trailer out from under it sideways with the cat.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I'm a ways south of there, the picture was taken in the Maggie Creek drainage, off highway 12 east of Kooskia.

Gottcha. If you work for who I think you do, you might know my old friend Todd Osborn. He run shovel for them for a few years, but moved back to Sandpoint about a year ago. I met Todd 10 or 12 years ago when we worked together. Have another good friend that was down that way a couple years back cutting under that yarder in your pictures, then cutting oversize on the Cat crew.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Cool photos. Lowboy work is something I feel like I should dabble in before the end of my career.

JTL - Empty your PM box, been trying to send you one but it says she's full up.

bernardkennon

Occupation
Supervisor
Those Lowboy are very cool! My brother told me they are more used on heavy hauling services because they can carry heavy loads. I wish I can have those kind of trailers!

Last edited by a moderator:

JDOFMEMI

Up in the woods again. Brought the little truck to nurse the Cat and drive home if I could not make it through the snow.

IMG-20130309-00417.jpg

Taking 2 with me.

IMG-20120928-00307.jpg

mitch504

Boy Jerry, you must have a lot of confidence in that pickup if you brought it in case the Cat can't make it through the snow! :D

Truck 505

resize_1107120920.jpg0308132127a.jpg0308131558.jpgHave you ever seen a paver special with a boom trough. This is the most versatile trailer I have ever pulled. It was brand new August 2012 0809121738#1.jpgresize_1108120958a.jpg

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

That looks handy. The wood looks too nice to let steel tracks on without mats though.

Truck 505

I have not torn it up yet. Sheep foot compactors are what tear up our trailers the worst even with belting laid on the deck. This trailer will never haul one though so that deck should last for a long time hopefully.