1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Your Lowboy Pictures Wanted

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by AJsOffroad, Feb 3, 2009.

1. ke6gwf

ke6gwf Well-Known Member

@Prenn, I am working for the wrong company!

@Monster truck, Hope you didn't have to go over the scales with those first 2 loads, and that last one looks over-height...

Ben~

2. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

Hey monster truck what location they have you running out of? I probably seen you pass me a couple hundred times if its the Oakland yard.

3. monster truck

monster truck Senior Member

@ ke6gwf, dont worry, I'll duck when the overpass comes!

@ Dualie, I work out of the santa rosa yard, I do my best to avoid that Oakland yard as much as possible!

4. ke6gwf

ke6gwf Well-Known Member

~10 years ago I was hauling for United out of Napa, and one day I had to haul a beavertail trailer load of scaffolding over to Vacaville Prison, and ended up being in the very center of the prison complex with a prisoner work gang to unload me. The one guard for 30-40 guys working in there was sitting in the job tool shack (it's still there http://g.co/maps/8364a ) and couldn't see where I was, and there were no other guards in sight. Some of the guys were lifers they told me...
    When I went in the sallyport, they made me take all the knives, cellphones, tools, fire ext's and such out and leave them at the gate, and then told me to take the chains and binders off and leave them there as well so they couldn't be used as weapons. I looked at them and told them if I did, half the scaffolding wouldn't make it to the worksite, and besides, my load consisted entirely of potential weapons, so an extra chain or rope or binder bar wasn't going to make any difference!

The cons were very polite and friendly, and seemed glad to have someone to talk to for a while that wasn't a guard or a convict, so it was a good day.

Then my next stop that day was the United Rentals yard in Oakland to load a dumptruck...
    I think the security fence was better there than at the prison, and I had more fear for my life!
    The wrong guys had the guns, and at least with the convicts there was an understanding of our respective positions, which doesn't exists with the nEXt-cons!

So, I don't blame you for avoiding Oakland.

Lately I have been working in and around Oakland quite a bit, including on night jobs in the street at the new KP hospital project, and I would fear for my life more, but I have had some training since ten years ago that I haven't had a chance to test out yet, so I am observant but not worried! (and maybe just a bit stupid... lol)

(I am currently working for J. A. Gonsalves out of Napa, right now mostly doing patch paving and cement work and such for people like Steiny, ARB, WBE, etc. A few Caltrans jobs and some city stuff thrown in, and we are almost busy! I am mostly driving a white 10 wheeler Mack hauling equipment on a tilt or hauling materials. We are all over from Mill Valley to San Jose to Antioch to Pleasanton to Walnut Creek to San Bruno right now, so have probably passed (or been passed, that Mack is a dog...) by both of you. We just finished filling in and paving over the San Bruno blast site last week. I should post some pictures...)

Ben~

5. rare ss

rare ss Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

reclaimer heading off to site

6. Newman

Newman Active Member

That takes some HP to move!

7. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    High Cotton...

Attached Files:

• tn1.jpg
      tn1.jpg
      File size:
      71.1 KB
      Views:
  8. Sparkie

Sparkie Well-Known Member

Great grandpas dozer all loaded up to come home for resto :)
    11-4-11.jpg

9. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    Novosad Ent..

Attached Files:

• tn2.jpg
      tn2.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
  10. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
  11. Mike Mc

Mike Mc Well-Known Member

Oilfields
    Beautiful trucks!!!!

Do the rear wheel tubes help much at keeping the trucks clean in wet weather?

12. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    November 10-4 mag cover truck and trailer...

Attached Files:

13. monster truck

Make sure to check out the cover of the next issue of Wheels of Time....

14. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    Oh yeah, is your grampa gonna be on it?

15. monster truck

Yep, the '69 cabover got the cover

16. RollOver Pete

RollOver Pete Senior Member

Operating Engineer/mechanic
    Here'a a few from a part time gig I picked up a few weeks ago.

heavy.jpg over.jpg heavy1.jpg

17. R W Merrick

R W Merrick Member

Hello everyone i will post some lowboy pics as soon as i' am allowed to. i think i need to make a minium number of posts or something like that.

18. heavylift

heavylift Senior Member

3 posts then you can post photos

19. R W Merrick

R W Merrick Member

ok thanks

20. ddigger

ddigger Senior Member

contractor,owner operater
    Heres the guy I use most often to move me around. IMAG0165.jpg