1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Your dozer photos

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Claus, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Metalman 55

Metalman 55 Senior Member

Nice looking D6C! That looks like a rare find.

2. texaschad25

texaschad25 Well-Known Member

20160805_154620.jpg

My trusty D7E

3. KMM4x4

KMM4x4 Active Member

Who works at CAT D11R? I would like to look at a bulldozer photo (the engine, a cabin, a running gear).

4. AU.CASE

AU.CASE Well-Known Member

Grazier // Rancher remote NSW
    Good idea; Well, no root rake, but I do have handy tree pusher I made with locally built rippers from another make (BD10) that work well - if a little light for this machine!

Great Farm Tractor for steep country here in Central NSW Australia; Currently sitting out in the rain waiting a minor undercarriage re-fit to take up some wear and prior abuse.

Recently hauled a D6N (swampy) out of a pile of mud!

CASE-1150D-Track&Battery-02-07-2015-DSC03954.jpg CASE-1150D-Track&Battery-02-07-2015-DSC03953.jpg

5. Scrub Puller

Scrub Puller Senior Member

Yair . . .

Nice one AU.CASE.

On another thread I have mentioned to our American friends that it would be difficult to get a job around here with out a properly equipped tractor.

Yours is a good example of a tractor fitted out to efficiently do all the tasks a machine of that size can do.

Anyone can scratch around but unless you have an angle blade, the hooks out the back and a tree spear out the front its only half a machine in my view.

Cheers.

6. AU.CASE

AU.CASE Well-Known Member

Grazier // Rancher remote NSW
    Thank you Scrub Puller, you are very kind. :)

To have a medium sized machine on a farm is really a great cost saving, I suppose as a fussy owner the ratio of maintenance to work is about 1:4 which keeps the costs low barring unforeseen problems or prior history.

I have been told by a very experienced operator when seeing this unit that a tree pusher was surplus; Until he bought a larger machine fitted with one and realise they rock; There is a way of making it light yet keep it straight when working timber (850kg and I can kick it off and back on alone in less than an hour) .

Cheers and thanks for the reply Scrub Puller, on this incredible forum! :D

I found this image of the tree pusher getting a coat of paint after eight days of welding and machining, plus our first machine the great little D750 and a little fire-fighing on the place here.

[HR][/HR]
    1150_750.jpg

7. Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

AU.CASE. In always made your style of pusher so it just sits on top and the blade can angle and tilt beneath it. I never really felt the urge to ever take them off. . . always had a lug on there for attaching the snigging chain or slings for unloading or lifting stuff.

I could chain them up to the canopy when swapping the blade out for the rake and then drop it down onto the rake which was a bit higher than the blade . . . gave it greater angle but it still worked fine.

I liked the pusher on while raking as it helped to keep logs from coming back over the top and onto the rams.

Cheers.

8. Queenslander

Queenslander Senior Member

In the days before loaders were widely available for farm tractors, we made a jib to go on the end of the tree pusher.
    Operated with a ram from a set of remotes, it could be lowered to ground level to attach yard posts and cap rails and hoist them 15 ft or so.
    Superfluous nowadays, of course.

9. Metalman 55

Metalman 55 Senior Member

20160907_072452.jpg 20160907_072507.jpg

Saw this fellow perched atop the D4D stack this morning when I was out walking the dog. Looks to be a Red Tailed the best I could tell. He was a big fellow too!

10. fast_st

fast_st Senior Member

IT systems admin
    Hawk sittin on a Cat, how fitting.

11. Willie B

Willie B Senior Member

Electrician
    My first thought when first seeing the picture was how quickly I could adapt that as a hoist. Part of my life I spent thinking How can I lift that? My first electric welder was AC. Positioned welds were the only good welds. I spent hundreds of hours positioning weldments to take advantage of gravity for sound welds. I had a gin pole on an antique truck I used a come along to lift.

Willie

DB2 likes this.
  12. Mark0408

Mark0408 Member

My CAT D5M Bulldozer

IMG_20161008_100910.jpg

13. Crook_Donk

Crook_Donk Well-Known Member

D9H getting some love after sitting idle for a number of years. Pulled off the cab and nose cone today. Next the 353 is out for a rebuild. Can't keep two keen men down!

Attached Files:

14. Multiracer

Multiracer Senior Member

Owner/ operator
    How many hours ? The machine does not look too bad.

15. Crook_Donk

Crook_Donk Well-Known Member

Hi multiracer
    Had a new hour metre about 2500 hrs ago. The engine threw a rod before it was parked up. It looks like it had some dollars thrown at it before it put a hole in the block. Once we get the engine appart we will know what we are dealing with. U/C is pretty worn and rollers were not spun. Has not been properly maintained. Still think it will give us plenty of good operating hours once we address the engine and get some maintenance issues sorted.
    Cheers

16. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    I have a little different rake made up for my 700J. I do a lot of one row tree rows and old farmstead cleanup, this style of rake has worked out good for my application. JD 700J.jpg JD 700J with rake.jpg

Try not to laugh at my little rake Scrub. (big grin)

17. seatwarmer

seatwarmer Senior Member

Enterprise Engineer
    scrub \grins :(

18. TimT

TimT Well-Known Member

Heavy Construction driver/operator
    Just brought this one home last week... '79 450C Runs great, works great so far..

DSCF3095.jpg

IMG_20161128_150250008.jpg

19. Scrub Puller

Yair . . . .

Gotcha farmerlund. Its horses for courses and that looks to be a very well made attachment. I can see it working well in your application.

I will post a question about your Stearman in TGIF . . . I am writing a novel and the lady flys one for fun and commutes in a Bonanza.

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  20. Willie B

Willie B Senior Member

Electrician
    IMG_2951.JPG IMG_2953.jpg IMG_2957.jpg IMG_2959.JPG IMG_2963.jpg Needs a paint job