• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

you tube video of 1970 John Deere 450 B would like you're opinion

dillon45

I have a video of a 450 J.D. working.
Go to youtube and punch in "1970 John Deere 450B" after watching , maybe you can comment on the machine, the guy is asking $7500.00 thanks dillon.

td25c

Machine looks decent for its age.Started good & looked normal as he drove it around. The rails (track chain) look like there about done for. When I see sharp sprockets I generally walk away from something like that unless I am looking for a project and can get it bought as such. Im just not a big fan of the JD 450 machines. Can be a mechanics nightmare to work on,(helps if your double jointed LOL) They are built more like a farm tractor with an engine, bellhousing & transnission housing that runs all the way to the rear of the tractor.Why is this a problem? Well when something go's wrong in the clutch ,transmission ,or rear end you pretty mutch have most of the machine tore apart to fix the problem.Where as on other brands they used a drive coupling from the bellhousing or converter to the transmission. This made it possible to work on a component part, say the transmission without pulling the whole tractor apart. The JD 450's had the power /shuttle shift transmission but no torque converter so you still used the clutch to stop .I like a torque converter best on a dozer. Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing the old JD 450's as they held up pretty good & made people money.:)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YgxiARN09o

Last edited: