• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

You guys don't know what you are talking about!

Sageair

I was watching the 6:00 oclock news tonight. They showed a clip of a new construction site where there where two scrapers, one loader,two backhoes and a trackhoe. The news chick called them all bulldozers. Not the fancy schmanzy names you guys use. So now I know you guys are all fakes and she is the expert.:D

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I was watching the 6:00 oclock news tonight. They showed a clip of a new construction site where there where two scrapers, one loader,two backhoes and a trackhoe. The news chick called them all bulldozers. Not the fancy schmanzy names you guys use. So now I know you guys are all fakes and she is the expert.:D

Her edumucation stopped at bulldozer. Thats why she is a "News Chick". :rolleyes:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Thats great!...I now own not one but TWO Bulldozers:D .....all my dreams have come true...well except the one about Laura Brannigan and the whipped cre.....oops...hang on:eek: ...wrong forum.:D .

Anyway...I don't know much about driving bulldozers but are they any good for building retaining walls???:rolleyes:

jperfect

Occupation
operator digging mainline
good thing you said that cause ive been looking for work and everybody asking if i can run a bulldozer. i guess i can. wow im mart.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
good thing you said that cause ive been looking for work and everybody asking if i can run a bulldozer. i guess i can. wow im mart.

:laugh Yes you are. :bouncegri

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
good thing there was no STEAM ROLLERS:Banghead

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
most people say " oh those are nice diggers you have." or they say whats a bulldozer like that cost. when you tell them nothing they look at you funny, and look even funnier when you reply with " because when i bought it they told me it was a loader."

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Thats great!...I now own not one but TWO Bulldozers:D .....all my dreams have come true...well except the one about Laura Brannigan and the whipped cre.....oops...hang on:eek: ...wrong forum.:D .
:

:cool: Uhhh- Squizz tell us more about this Laura Brannigan. Well on second thought never mind.:eek:

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Funny timing--My mom calls me from Vegas the other day--says someone out there stole a bulldozer and was running it on the highway where he got stopped by police.She said she saw it on TV so I ask her if it had tires--it did--another informative news chick probably using the ''B'' word again.:cool:

ronscons

bull

Squizzy must be just a pup- I never heard of Laura Branigan-- but if your talking this way--- If I recall correctly, and I'm old-- well, seems to me I saw Katherine Ross in a John Wayne movie sitting on yellow junk - now there! would be a "Bulldozer Operator"
Seriously though, I wonder if "bulldozer" is misused, misconstrued, or misquoted so much, then what about like "terrorist", "businessman", "small town boy" etc. or you ever notice in crimes etc. there are no low powered weapons- they are all high-powered rifles etc.
Just thoughts from close to senility!

Mr HMK

they sometimes call them "cranes". :pointhead

bigblueox

dieseltune

Occupation
power upgrades on diesel engines
Hi guys, just a newbie equipment fan. Originally from the UK now residing in Melbourne.
Most equipment in the UK comes under the heading of JCB. Doesn't really seem to matter shape, colour or size, they are all good old JCB's!

RT Engineering

Occupation
Owner
I remember a reporter after the '94 earthquake here in Los Angeles. The pictures were of an excavator (Bulldozer) breaking one of the failed freeways. Of course there was a laborer spraying water with a firehose, "Because the last thing we need here is a fire!" -says the reporter.

I have worked for many years in this business and I am yet to see concrete start burning.

RT