• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yet another Aussie

AussieChris

Hi all,

I'm Chris from Brisbane, Australia. I'm not a professional operator but I have a 1995 MF (Massey Ferguson) 50HX sideshift backhoe that I use around my property. The machine has suffered a pretty hard life before I bought it so I'm fixing things as I go. It probably wasn't a bad machine when new.

My official trade is electronics technician (30yrs) but I have a lathe and some welding equipment so I can cobble together most repairs on the digger. As an machine operator I make a good technician! Most of my operator mates would say "you're rough but you're slow" ;) However, I can dig out tree stumps pretty quick which is most of my work around home.

Anyway, I've been enjoying reading these forums and learning heaps. Thanks to everyone here.

Chris.