• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yee haw,Let`s the rodeo!!

Occupation
Student
Hey guys,check this pictures of differents Backhoe Rodeo ;)

Attachments

• backhoe rodeo 1.jpg
    backhoe rodeo 1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 861
  • backhoe rodeo 2.jpg
    backhoe rodeo 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 851
  • backhoe rodeo 3.jpg
    backhoe rodeo 3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 877

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
The local Case dealer did the same thing by me for their 50th anniversary. Pictures here. One event was an oval track with cones barely wider than a skidsteer to drive through. The other was pipelaying with a backhoe. The last was picking up basketballs with an excavator and putting them in a bucket. They also had a mini excavator setup for kids to pick up a steel fish. I did get some dirty looks wearing my Cat hat during the event:D

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Pine Bush Equipment inc. Their website if you care.

They are good for rentals and moving equipment, but have gotten a little too big to take care of the little guy to buy something new and their used prices are crazy.

Grader4me

Okay..I see that with the bucket, you have to pick up the toilet tissue off the pylon and place it in the potty...Anything else that they are required to do with the tissue before dumping it into the potty:eek: ...any volunteer's? :eek: :eek2 :badidea

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
i was in that rodeo. those are pics from this last summer, here in eastern Pa that was a brand new 420 cat, nice machine.

tylermckee

They should have had the TP on a stand and make you unroll enough to hit the floor then tear it off and toss it in the can.

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
i was in that rodeo. those are pics from this last summer, here in eastern Pa that was a brand new 420 cat, nice machine.
Okay..I see that with the bucket, you have to pick up the toilet tissue off the pylon and place it in the potty...Anything else that they are required to do with the tissue before dumping it into the potty ...any volunteer's?

Actually it was kinda tough, there were two toilet bowl brushes taped to the teeth of the bucket, the roll of toilet paper sat on the cones there were two cones. you had to pick up the toilet paper of the cone, with the brushes with out knocing it over. after getting the roll picked up , you swung over and droped it into the bucket with a toilet seat fasten on to it, and then go back and get the other one, all while being timed. it sounds easy but it was pretty tough!

Grader4me

Actually it was kinda tough, there were two toilet bowl brushes taped to the teeth of the bucket, the roll of toilet paper sat on the cones there were two cones. you had to pick up the toilet paper of the cone, with the brushes with out knocing it over. after getting the roll picked up , you swung over and droped it into the bucket with a toilet seat fasten on to it, and then go back and get the other one, all while being timed. it sounds easy but it was pretty tough!

Sounds like fun! We used to have equipment rodeo's back in the early 90's. Everyone used to really enjoy them...gave the operators a chance to show their stuff.

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
i think top prize was $500 bucks, they aslo had a little mini excavator set up with a plastic golf club, taped to a tooth , and had to start with the bucket on the ground, when the guy blwe the whislte, you picke up the bucket and tried to put your way to the hole, about 15ft away with the club, it was also tough, ground was uneven and if you had the ball going pretty fast it would either keeping going down the hill or stop , and you had to keep trying until you got it in. if i remember correctly i was just shy of a minute or so.unfortunately i didnt win! For the backhoe test i actually droped my second roll of toilet paper which disqualified me, i did ahve a good time until i droped it. oh well theres always next year!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I did the CASE rodeo this Summer. You had three machines each with a different control pattern (4 stick, ISO, SAE). They had three stations and you had to accomplish a different task. The winner from each dealer goes to Vegas for the final showdown. Winner gets a new backhoe. I am not going to Vegas, my times were not fast enough, but it was great time.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Years ago at my Deere dealer,they set up an open house with a rodeo type setting.My son at the time was about 12,so he was in 1 hoe,I was alongside him in another.He had some seat time but I was still a little nervous he might do something dangerous.So I'm watching him more than I should have and I made a pancake out of the Rubbermaid garbage can I was placing basketballs in.He won first place in the kids division and took home a new TV.He never let me live that down. Funny.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
One was picking up a bar with weights at each end. swing it 180 degrees and reposition it so the weight was even.

Pickup a basket ball, soft ball and a foot ball off of a traffic cone and place in trash can.

pickup a plywood square that is hooked to a chain and place it in the correct cut out. THe other shape was a triangle.
PHP: