• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Year Round Grease

blitz138

Wow slow day at the office..... The Cenex HD Moly Xtreme grease has a density of .96.

Mg = Moz x 28.349 x .96

Roughly 14 0z will be 400 grams. this fits with US standard grease cartridges. Cartridges are never absolutely full they need room to expand and contract with elevation and temperature but 3/4 or 2/3 is unacceptable. Weigh the cartridges.

You mentioned you couldnt get Bel-Ray locally, shoot me a PM. I can point you in the right direction. (disclaimer I work for Bel-Ray)

800 KG is as high as the ASTM 2596 test goes for 4 ball weld (the four ball machine actually goes to 1000kg) So it makes sense that you don't find higher numbers than 800KG.

Nige, where did you land? and why didn't you come to me after you left PV?

Shimmy1

Blitz, you just got me going now. I searched out densities for an hour now. Most non-moly greases are around 0.9. Molyplex 500+, which is what I have been using, is 0.88-0.92. If you use the lowest spec listed, 0.88, that makes the Moly Xtreme about 7% denser. IF that translates into 7% less product, on a 10" grease tube, that would be about 3/4", not 1.5" (or more). I do think I need to weigh a full and empty tube. Now to find a gram scale.......

RonL

Just got back from my properties at the mountain. Spent several weeks clearing an area and shooting lines for building my barn/workshop. I appreciate everyone's input on this matter.

Incidentally, while there I took delivery of a Cat 304E2 CR. It was put to good use right off the bat.

RonL