• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar VIO45-5B

James Conant

I need to replace my hoses on the left remote control valve form the swing and stick. These appear to be a plastic hose... Does anyone know what they are and if I can have a hydraulic hose shop make these up, or is this going to be a factory item.

heymccall

Thermoplastic pilot hoses are usually selected for their reduced outside diameter, perfect for confined routing, such as present to the pilot controls.
Hose shops should have access to the components, but, many choose not to, as they are still relatively rare.
So, your gonna need thermoplastic, reduced outside diameter hoses with BSPP ends. Being pilot hoses, they'll typically having a 3k psi operating rating pressure, but the circuits to the pilot valves are usually under a 2k psi. First place I ever saw plastic hoses was on forklifts.
I'd start by checking with local shops, and pricing them out through your yanmar dealer.
Some of the newer "conventional" hoses also have reduced outside diameters compared to older designs. Kinda depends on where they need to route through as to what you replace your leaking hoses with.
And, if you pull them all at once, you had better take lots of pictures, mark them very well, and take extra note of how they orient passing thru the floor and other bulkeads.
Having them all in front of you before teardown allows for changing them one at a time, or at least putting them all back while it's still fresh in your mind.

Caterpillar has such hose in their hose and coupling catalog.
Screenshot_20230907-000423_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

heymccall

The only BSPP fittings from Cat for the 1028 hose.
Screenshot_20230907-001034_Drive.jpg
So, if they have anything other than straight female ends, Cat won't be of much help.

James Conant

Thank you, that answers my question... And yes, a picture is worth a thousand words and I use colored wire ties for markings plus I always draw myself a map... This is the first mini I've owned so I'm finding that everything is hard to work on, but I must say the machine has done me good for 6500 hours, very little down time and no major repairs...

partsdic

Replacing hoses on the left remote control valve of your Yanmar VIO45-5B excavator can typically be done by a hydraulic hose shop. The hoses might be a specialized type, such as thermoplastic or high-pressure hoses, but many hydraulic hose shops can create custom hoses to match your specifications. Ensure you provide them with the correct measurements, specifications, and any necessary fittings to ensure a proper fit and function. This can be a cost-effective alternative to getting factory-made hoses, especially if your equipment is no longer under warranty.