• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar Vio35-5B Rotating Drive

rpg005

My dad recently purchased a used Yanmar Vio35 excavator with about 2,100 hours on it. It was originally a rental machine, so I'm sure it has some extra wear and tear, but everything seems to be in good working order. I replaced all of the fluids and filters since we don't know the service history. The only item that we might like to address is that there seems to be a little extra play in the rotating mechanism. Are there any adjustments for this to tighten it up? If not, is there a portion of the mechanism that can be replaced to fix this? Can anyone give me an idea on how much is involved in this project and a rough figure how much it would cost for parts?

Thank you in advance,

Ross

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
I have the same machine. They all have a rotec bearing and over time it will develop a slop. Some is normal and comes that way from the factory. Some brands/models are tighter than other right from new. Not sure why.... I'm far from being a mechanic, but from what I understand, it's pretty much use it till the bearing packs it in and replace. It's a pretty big job. Some of the slop might be coming from your pins as well. (might not all be in the bearing) Make sure the bearing gets greased!

mikebramel

You mean backlash when swinging from left to right? That would be the swing reduction gear and swing bearing teeth