• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar Vio17 auxiliary relief adjustment

ElliottG

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone knows where the relief adjustment for the auxiliary hydraulics is? A bit hard to follow the hydraulic lines back to the valve body.

Or if anyone has a service manual for a Vio17 it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Follow the lines if you have one it should connect to the lines, see attched port relief are absent on the option slice.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• YanV0 MCV.png
    YanV0 MCV.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Vio MCV.png
    Vio MCV.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 7

ElliottG

Good day
Follow the lines if you have one it should connect to the lines, see attched port relief are absent on the option slice.
Kind regards
Uffex
Thanks for the info. Are you saying the option slice on the valve block has no relief adjustment?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Elliot
There is no port relief valve illustrated, which is most often used to control the option relief. If you can take some photos of the option line back to the slice, I will try to help some more. What are you using the option spool for?
Kind regards
Uffex

ElliottG

Good day Elliot
There is no port relief valve illustrated, which is most often used to control the option relief. If you can take some photos of the option line back to the slice, I will try to help some more. What are you using the option spool for?
Kind regards
Uffex
That’s a bit disappointing. I have installed a hydraulic thumb and was hoping to adjust it as to not break the cylinder

Edit: I have purchased the service manual. I believe the auxiliary is labeled as PTO not Option. It also seems from the factory the bucket relief is set to 3553 psi, and the PTO at 2987 psi. So maybe no adjustment is necessary?

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Elliot
I do not have any manual only parts book, can you check to see if that slice appears the same as the parts book.
Kind regards
Uffex

ElliottG

Good day Elliot
I do not have any manual only parts book, can you check to see if that slice appears the same as the parts book.
Kind regards
Uffex
Yes I will check. I have the thumb working now but as expected, bucket will not overpower it. Risk of breaking the thumb cylinder. I will have to look at the valve body to make sure there really is no relief adjustment. Either that or my bucket relief is low due to wear

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Elliot
What you explain is making very good sense to me, often the only pressure you need in the thumb cylinder needs to be sufficient to hold material, however lower enough allowing the bucket cylinder to force retraction. Often the level to achieve satisfaction can be established by trial & error as differing geometry and cylinder size relative to each installation.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Elliot
I have dug around and found some information that may be of help, please see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Vio17 Ops TankDump.pdf
    309.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Vio17 Option copy.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 22

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Elliot
See attached this will offer protection to both sides of the thumb cylinder, present the attched to your local hydraulic outfit it should not be to expensive. You will only need one extra hose connection.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Thumb relief.pdf
    684.4 KB · Views: 11