• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

YANMAR V4-5A Wheel Loader Hydrostatic Pump (Unobtanium)

Zrbatdorf

Hello Everyone, I am thankful for all of the information provided on these forums. I finally have a problem of my own to solve. The issue at hand is a Yanmar v4-5A wheel loader. The Yuken (built under the name Linde Ag) hydrostat pump (yanmar part number 172528-71100) or parts are no longer supported by yanmar. They also sold the rights of the pump to FURUKAWA rock drill co in Japan. The Yuken Part number on the pump tag is LBP35-R-AU12-42-S-1008.

What are the chances someone may have a salvage machine, a new or used pump, or access to parts for one of these? My extensive research has provided no success, yanmar discontinued it and furukawa has not returned any emails. The pump was provided in a box of loose parts, I can almost guarantee that at least something is missing.

Than you all for your help and Merry Christmas to you all.

Machine is a: Yanmar V4-5A model. Serial is 52024

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Quite often these pumps have compatible mounting with other manufacturers (SAE, bolt pattern, spigot and shaft sizes) so measure up what you have and go from there. If there's a tag on your pump the model numbers give you the pump size. You'll also need to know what rotation they are, both what you have and what you buy, weither it's a through drive or not and weither the pump is activated mechanically, hydraulic or electrically.
A Danfoss H1 pump is very robust and simple and with good backup in my location at least.,my personal choice but as always the amount of end use and dollars come into the equation.

Zrbatdorf

Quite often these pumps have compatible mounting with other manufacturers (SAE, bolt pattern, spigot and shaft sizes) so measure up what you have and go from there. If there's a tag on your pump the model numbers give you the pump size. You'll also need to know what rotation they are, both what you have and what you buy, weither it's a through drive or not and weither the pump is activated mechanically, hydraulic or electrically.
A Danfoss H1 pump is very robust and simple and with good backup in my location at least.,my personal choice but as always the amount of end use and dollars come into the equation.
Thank you for the reply. I believe that is going to be my next step. It is a thru-drive and electronically activated. Would be nice, since I have the ability to figure all of that ou, to come up with a part number that will work to share with others that may have come to the same road block.

Tones

Occupation
Deleted.

Last edited:

Tones

Occupation
By using the first 2 didgits and the first letter at a guess would give you a newer version of your pump if the housing looks similar. Manufacturers are stingy buggers and may not of changed the housing at all but just the guts

Zrbatdorf

At first glance it doesn’t looks quite right. Im going to try to at least reassemble the main housing components later today and maybe upload a picture. You’re right about that with the manufacturers, just some small changes sometimes. I can get creative with porting options and whatnot, provided it performs the same function and fits in the same space.

Tones

Occupation
You shouldn't need to change the porting. Looking at the catalogue #35 isn't there but 37 is, 16-53 cc per rotation which is how pump sizes are measured. What I can't see in their catalogue is a hydraulic transmission pump (hydrostat) and wonder if there's some parts that will interchange like the rotating group as an example. At least you have a contact to ring and discuss.

Zrbatdorf

I was able to at least reassemble the major components out of the box of parts today. I have attached a few pictures just for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_7843.jpeg
    IMG_7843.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7844.jpeg
    IMG_7844.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7845.jpeg
    IMG_7845.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7846.jpeg
    IMG_7846.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11

Zrbatdorf

You shouldn't need to change the porting. Looking at the catalogue #35 isn't there but 37 is, 16-53 cc per rotation which is how pump sizes are measured. What I can't see in their catalogue is a hydraulic transmission pump (hydrostat) and wonder if there's some parts that will interchange like the rotating group as an example. At least you have a contact to ring and discuss.
Also for what it’s worth, I have traveled down a number of rabbit holes today. After clicking on a link showing a rotating group that looked exactly like what I have, I discovered that this pump is extremely similar to a Linde hydraulics BPV series pump. Maybe if I’m lucky, I’ll be able to chase down some parts through that avenue.

Welder Dave

Yeah, maybe. Some hyd. components like drive motors have been reverse engineered for the aftermarket. I think the drive motor I got for my skid steer was reverse engineered. It works fine is all I'm concerned with.