• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar interface for code reading

heymccall

I've got a TB180FR Takeuchi that shuts of at random, but, it doesn't have a stop solenoid.
It has the ECO MP4 pump with a rack solenoid.

So far, Yanmar and Takeuchi have said the interface and software are dealer only and, apparently, I'm not a dealer.

Any insight on what to get, and where to get it?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
No, but I suspect the interface is less proprietary than it seems. The software I don't know because the Yanmar engine is not popular around here. I am watching with interest.

heymccall

Alright, so dumped TB180FR at dealer. Hooked up Yanmar Diagnostics and got 125 events of U0001/12 high speed CAN lost.
Machine also has Takeuchi ECM. They ordered setup from Takeuchi. Takeuchi sent cable and software, but it needs Windows 7, and, nowhere in their dealer network is there a computer capable of Windows 7.

WTH?

Still at an impass.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I never worked on this newfangled CAN stuff much, but back in the day I programmed a lot of 2 way radios and we had to keep old ancient computers on hand running DOS and some Win98 in order to program old radios properly. Compatibility stuff just flat refused to work.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
we had to keep old ancient computers on hand running DOS and some Win98

LOL....we keep an old Win98 around to run the software for the Deere CNG engines. When I get time, I may have to try what hvy 1ton posted to see if it works.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Used to use a voltmeter to figure this stuff out, very sad it's not so today.

John V

Fwiw the 2017 3TNV yanmar on my sawmill uses a bosch fuel system. Not sure if that provides any leads on aftermarket comm setups. Can't wait for right to repair to squash this BS "dealer only" software crap.