• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar b50-2 final drive help

Dennisk3

So I bought a b50 a few weeks ago and put about 15 hours on it, wouldn’t you know it the final drive is binding.. I pulled the track off, and it will move about 1/4 turn in either direction, but no more. I watched a video online that says to remove the plug in the top and pull out a wire that holds the cover on. I started pulling the wire and it broke after about 3/4” . Now I can’t grab it.. any ideas on how I can get ahold of it again?? I saw someone rotate the cover using 2 bolts in the drain holes, but that will not budge and I am afraid of stripping out the plug holes if I put too much pressure on them. Any help would be appreciated.