• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WTB Log truck, up to 65k

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The first one is a log trailer. Basically the logs are carried with one end on the truck and the other ends on the trailer. The reach allows the trailer wheels to ride nearly in the same track as the truck tires. That's why logging roads have so many tight turns. Because they can.

Second truck is basically a truck and trailer or another term might be a short logger. Short logs are loaded on the truck and then the trailer is loaded with another bunch of short logs. I've seen a lot of scraggly loads on those rigs. I'm guessing they are mostly pulp. I've also seen one or two of the trailers off the steep side of the logging road.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
The first one is a log trailer. Basically the logs are carried with one end on the truck and the other ends on the trailer. The reach allows the trailer wheels to ride nearly in the same track as the truck tires. That's why logging roads have so many tight turns. Because they can.

I knew what it was, I just don't recall seeing one sticking up that far or that high. But the rules are such that there is not as much variation in trucks here in California. Also it might be the camera angle.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Thanks!
Ty that drove the mule train is going to drive the B model. He absolutely loves that Ol' girl.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Funny thing about that photo right there, it is in front of our local brewery/ Sausage & Deli where I took Mandy for her birthday dinner last night. She got to ride in her new truck!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It is!
I miss the lady that was doin the prime rib a few years ago but it's still our favorite.