1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Worst Demo Guy Ever

Discussion in 'Demolition' started by AmericanLandMgt, Jun 20, 2010.

1. D&GExcavating

D&GExcavating Senior Member

Wow, never seen anyone that dumb. And on top of it all, part of the wall falls right onto the stick.

2. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

that is too funny when the streetlight comes crashing down. OMG.

3. qball

qball Senior Member

local 150 operator
    people all seem to think demo is easy, till you try it.

4. Burns-Tractors

Burns-Tractors Member

WOW:beatsme

5. thodob

thodob Well-Known Member

6. Ragingbull83

Ragingbull83 Member

Self Employed Construction Company Owner
    I'm guessing that guy doesnt have an operators cards LOL I can see the job super in the distance dont know why the street wasnt closed, I imagine there was a good fine for that.

7. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

you have to have an operator's card? you mean, i've been running excavators for 40+ years...illegally?

8. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Some jurisdictions require some sort of license to operate equipment. I know Massachusetts requires a "hoisting license" for example.

On the other hand, if the comment was about whether the guy was union or not, we make it a policy, here on HEF, to remain "aggressively neutral" on that, so let's not even go there...

9. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

Not only should they loose their license they should be locked up. Possibly roughed up before they're cuffed. That could have easily killed someone

10. oldtanker

oldtanker Senior Member

Ret
    I'll be the first to tell you that the only thing I know about demo is what the Army taught me and what I learned to do with a Tank......but I can look at some of the vids/pics and tell you that some of that stuff should not have happened and some bad decisions were made by a supervisor and/or the operators (thats not limited to union/non-union both sides can do dumb things). It's called risk management and that too I learned in the Army. Saw a guy the other day in Fergus Falls Mn with a skid steer on a trailer driving down the street with one chain on the front over the bucket and thats it. It was rolling back and forth as he drove. That's pretty dumb too, not to mention both an OSHA and DOT violation.

Rick

11. BigIron25

BigIron25 Well-Known Member

That is crazy. I have never worked a day of demo, and im sure i could have done slightly better, at least walls wouldnt be falling on streets!

12. Digger Dan

Digger Dan Well-Known Member

13. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
  14. BradyHill1

BradyHill1 Well-Known Member

that's what happens when you get bad hired help and leave them.......lucky for everyone that nobody appears to be injured

15. bschill54

bschill54 Member

Im sure that person that just walked by on the second wall was counting their lucky stars after that, or changing their shorts

16. beckco909

beckco909 Member

thats just nuts hey everyone has to start somewhere or makes mistakes WOW :Banghead

17. robin yates uk

robin yates uk Senior Member

OMG ! That guy sat in the excavator needs dragging out before he kills pedestrians,flattens cars. That is an appalling film clip. I hope whoever was running that job is now permanently unemployed.The ******* in the machine needs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, worst bit of machine abuse I have seen for a longtime

18. Landmass

Landmass New Member

19. Sparffo

Sparffo Well-Known Member

Demolition contractor
    This is soo true!! There is alot of earthmovers out there trying to get "easy money" with doing demo jobs...

20. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

With the filming of this I'd think there would have to be plenty of people in the whole chain of command that would have to answer questions, from the guys on site, to those that are not on site and should have been to those hiring them in the first place to do the job, to the building owners, to the city who issued permits and I'm sure a lot more that are looking to cover their butts everywhere along the line. Its a fricken miracle nobody was killed or seriously injured.

As for the demo in another country, hanging over the side and cutting rebars off, that leaves me completely speechless, but one question I have is how did they get the excavator up there in the first place? If they have cranes to lift it up there, wouldn't they have a better way to demo the building in the first place, like to implode it or something safer to get it leveled.