• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Working on new svl

son69

Hello all, I am looking at a new Kubota svl75 ctl. I know they have computers and all the new emission bs that can be a pain. While it's under warranty I'm not worried, but when it's out, am I in for a nightmare. I always like to wrench on my own equipment. I know its done right that way. Do I need any special tools to keep this thing going long term, or am I sol if something brakes and have to rely on my dealer. Thanks in advance.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You need to be able to diagnose the issues and without Kubota diagnostic capability you wont be able to turn a wrench. You can service it, change out hoses that break, but other than that, you wont doing anything but hauling it to the dealer. These machines are struggling with DEF issues and incompetent dealers. Hopefully your dealer is squared away.

son69

Yeah, I figured as much. I have to believe at some point soon someone will develop a code reader where you can view and clear codes and be able to get the necessary parts and work on them. My dealer is 2 hours away and I'm really not sure how good the service dept is.

heymccall

My SVL-75 has been absolutely awesome, and reliable, except for couple minor issues.
1: There is no filler neck screen. Straw installed while fueling up ends up plugging the 90° inlet to the water separator/ pre-filter. Removed filler tube and placed course fiberglass screen over tank inlet.
2: Engine air filter would plug ridiculously early. Installed an Engineaire pre-filter in lieu of the OEM air cleaner cover. Problem solved.
3: The HVAC engineer needs taken out back and beaten. Assuming that the craptastic recirculate filters don't get sucked in, as the HVAC filters load up, the system starts sucking dirt from around the entire perimeter of the rear cover. This results in a fully clogged evaporator. Thicker closed cell foam helped a lot.
4: Before the first oil change, the power coupler hoses rubbed a hole into the engine oil filter. Relocated hose mounts.
5: I can't run OEM Kubota oil filters. On three separate occasions, the seal gasket has blown out, dumping all the oil. Running every filter but Kubota, and the issue appears solved.
6: The full length plate, that the muffler mounts on, sheared at both ends. Muffler inlet sheared, and the other end tried to melt a hole in an AC line. Reinforced it, rather that buying a new, updated bracket.
Machine now has 3000hours.

son69

Thanks for the replies. It amazes me sometimes how these manufactures spend millions on R&D and the goof up the common sense stuff. I'v heard the muffler mounts had cracking problems from other research. Thanks for the tips, i'm sure when I get mine, i'll be taking your advice and recommendations. I like to see some higher hours and no major(expensive) repairs.

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Hobbiest - Forestry and Wildlife Management
I’m a new, first time CTL owner. After a lot of research, I had narrowed my choice to the SVL75-2 and the Bobcat T595. My Bobcat salesman bends over backwards for me. He let me demo 2 different T595’s for a total of 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, my nearest Kubota dealer that handles CTL’s is about 2 1/2 hours away. After spending time in the T595, it was an easy choice for me. I just feel that the Bobcat is more refined. I got mine pretty well loaded and I’m really happy with it so far. Pricing when comparably equipped to the Kubota was actually a little less. Even loaded, it was within $2k of the Kubota cost.

I should note that I do have a Bobcat mini (E42), so that could have influenced my decision. I’d like to think I would have went Bobcat anyway. I think overall, it’s a nicer machine...jmho.

Good luck with your decision.

son69

Thanks. I was also considering a t595. I may have to revisit that one as well. I need to get some seat time and stop driving myself nuts on the net looking up pros and cons....lol. thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it!!

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Hobbiest - Forestry and Wildlife Management
Thanks. I was also considering a t595. I may have to revisit that one as well. I need to get some seat time and stop driving myself nuts on the net looking up pros and cons....lol. thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it!!
Yeah, do yourself a favor and try one. If you do much bucket work, the ride control is awesome. I ordered mine with the wide tracks and high flow. I just got home from playing on it...and I’m loving it.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I’ve heard the ac on the Kubota doesn’t do a good job of cooling the cab. That’s what a friend who has one said. I’ve never run one so I don’t know. Maybe it’s due to the system clogging up as an earlier post suggest. We’re considering a new svl95 and that would be a deal breaker if it doesn’t cool

JTWAT

You need to be able to diagnose the issues and without Kubota diagnostic capability you wont be able to turn a wrench. You can service it, change out hoses that break, but other than that, you wont doing anything but hauling it to the dealer. These machines are struggling with DEF issues and incompetent dealers. Hopefully your dealer is squared away.
The Kubota 75-2 does not use DEF. It is only used on the Model 90 and 95-2.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I can assure you that the AC system is sized correctly. It will freeze you out, if the filters are serviced frequently.
Yes, it is ice cold. However, the in-cab filters are like cheap pieces of toilet paper, or so it seems. The outside cab air intake filter, is not well designed either. Check it daily, and twice/day if in very dusty conditions.