• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

working on jumping jacks/rammers

Funkyfullwidth

I think jumping jacks are my least favorite things to work on. Is there a way to just have the motor run and not the ramming action? I've got three here i've been meaning to get around to working on, but for some reason, i've been putting it off...

TriHonu

I have an older Wacker BS45Y. It has a centrifugal clutch, so at idle it just sets there. It does not start ramming until you rev it up to engage the clutch.

Try turning the idle speed down and see what happens.

coalroller

Occupation
heavy haul
I think jumping jacks are my least favorite things to work on. Is there a way to just have the motor run and not the ramming action? I've got three here i've been meaning to get around to working on, but for some reason, i've been putting it off...

is this for tuning them that you dont want them to be put in motion? all the jumping jacks i have delt with i wanted them in motion to get them set just right start and run them shut down make minor adjustment to the carb and try again. we disconected the clutch one one and had it running great but when we put it under load it was way off.