• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Working on a d65E-6

Dave Neubert

Iam in the process of resealing the sprocket Iam down to the big spanner nut that holds the sprocket on and I can't get it loose I have the retainer off and put my CAT spanner wrench on it used my crane to turn wrench had so much pressure on it that it left a 1/4 inch indent in the nut beat on it with pressure on it hit it with a pin knocker still nothing. Is it left hand thread maybe, anyone else have trouble getting the nut loose the next thing I will try is heat

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I can remember something about a tool that attached to the sprocket and we put the machine in gear to turn them loose with. That was years ago though and it might have been a TD25 instead of a Komatsu. I believe there is a gentleman from England on here that is an expert in all things final drive.

Dave Neubert

I was at the point of breaking my spanner wrench and did not want to put any more pressure on it. I will try heat