• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Work Vid

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Which crane and which vid, BridgeCraneJen? Ken Burk's? It was up there a pretty good ways!

Last edited:

BridgeCraneJen

Occupation
Content Writer
Which crane and which vid, BridgeCraneJen? Ken Burk's? It was up there a pretty good ways!

Hey gostr8r :) It was the mobile 999 crane in the video that plays when you click on your album here:

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...ideo-2012-03-30-09-09-27-iPhoneBlastdoor3.mp4

It is so tall!!! I am a content writer for Konecranes, so I spend my days writing about overhead cranes. That's probably why I enjoy this forum so much!! I get to see all kinds of cool crane projects that I wouldn't have otherwise!

gostr8r

Occupation
I only have 110' of main in that blast door video, because I'm within 6" of scraping the ceiling when I boom up to set the top door. I have run some crawlers with 4x that much tho and put a few shots in that same photobucket album but much further back. Here's one of them [The Orlando International Airport ATC Tower] http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...ts/?action=view&current=440ofboomlayedout.jpg and another is much further back still of the Orlando Courthouse. That's where Casey Anthony got away scott free for murdering her little girl. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...tingarchitecturalprecastwiththe718Tower-1.jpg

Last edited:

gostr8r

Occupation
Update. I removed all the blast door files until properly cleared and approved for publication. Sorry gentlemen.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
You certainly have to watch them Tiny. Funny you should put that video up today. Last night, just before dusk, I was grading a track through a farmer's paddock, I was on the last run, lightly trimming the top, watching the blade, I looked up and I am staring at four spotlights at eye level, coming down the track towards me, at around 100 mph, then at the last minute they slipped up over the top of the grader. To most people it would have been instant heart attack material, but I have been caught before. A local crop duster, who I happen to know, had been out spreading mouse bait and he was on his way home, of course a grader in the middle of a paddock is just too good an opportunity to let go by, who said barn storming was dead. If I had a camera, it would have been one hell of a photo, but I wouldn't even have had time to get it out.

RnR.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Camera would have made good pic RnR, but a recording of the cuss fest that followed after the duster cleared the cab and rumbled into the distance would have been priceless. :D

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Camera would have made good pic RnR, but a recording of the cuss fest that followed after the duster cleared the cab and rumbled into the distance would have been priceless. :D

You are right, Willie, only this time I couldn't stop laughing, he's done it to me quite a few times, it's probably worse when he sneaks up from behind.

RnR.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You are right, Willie, only this time I couldn't stop laughing, he's done it to me quite a few times, it's probably worse when he sneaks up from behind.

RnR.

LoL, yeah, sneak up from behind would most likely scare the s##t out of ya momentarily. :tong

And I bet your buddy does it with the hammer down.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Nice pre-stressed bridge beams Tiny. Do they pour a concrete deck on top of the beams?

Tiny

Depends on the amount of traffic . Some get asphalt directly on the beams , High traffic gets concrete

Blue Shark

I also made a working vid in a Liebherr mobile harbour crane!!

This is in the port of antwerp!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2FP1B3WhaZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>