• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Work gear. Anyone try Truewerk pants? What are you wearing?

fastline

I am getting to a point where I am just over the mobility issues of denim! I wear jeans plenty, but I do a lot of climbing and I am very flexible so I feel extremely restrained in denim. I did get into these "stretch" type denim jeans by Levi, which were pretty decent but I fight with them falling down.

I stumbled into Truewerk pants online but have never touched them. I have issue spending $100 on pants I cannot even try on. I usually only buy clothes in person. I am wondering if there are similar pants to Truewerk that are in stores? I am looking for something that will stretch. I don't like or wear baggy. I prefer form fitting. But I also have to think about protection. Denim has literally saved my ass (fell back on sharp sheet metal very near a major artery) so getting similar protection would be preferred. I also don't want something that will melt to me but I might have to settle on that one. I don't work around fire all the time but my aunt worked in a burn unit so.....

Vetech63

I wear stretch band wranglers from walmart for $15 a pair. Add a belt and they work perfect for me.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
Rural King brand jeans are under $10 pair. I usually buy $100 worth at a time to last me nearly a year or more. I find that the carpenter style allow more flexibility than the typical straight leg style. Almost as cheap as Tyvek suits without the stuffy feeling.

mks

Occupation
None currently
I have a truewerk jacket. Bought when working outdoors on carpentry type jobs. The jobs went away. It is flexible , warm and breaks the wind well. A northern Illinois carpenter likes the product line pants too. Not cheap.

aighead

Likely not what you are looking for but I found a brand, on Amazon, called CQR. I'm sure they're Chinese or some equivalent but I love them. They have a million pockets, ripstop fabric, a stretchy waist and are very comfortable. I'm not sure if they'd be flexible enough for you but I've not had any issues with them. I think they are like 40 bucks. I have 6 or 7 pairs, they are a little stiff until you wear and wash them a few times.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I wear the Duluth firehose pants, it takes a year, year and a half for me to do any real damage to a pair. Even with heavy welding/grinding/cutting sparks and the clean up pretty well after oil and grease spils, and they do well against chemicals, short of sodium hypo and the real nasty acids.