• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wood processor install

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
So I've been asked to hook up a Denharco wood processor head to a Cat 320. Somebody had started the job and quit the company that is now my customer. I've never worked forestry equipment, only dirt movers. Any guidance on routing hoses and wiring from the head to the stick? Do I want lots of slack or not much? The customer bought it used and there was a filter head in the crate of parts. Should I install a filter in the lube and case drain return line? I couldn't find many close up pictures of these heads set up on an excavator. I still have to connect some of the control wiring under the cab as well. I have the manual which helps some but some areas are unclear since I've never seen or worked on one of these things before. Pierce Pacific is supplying me with some parts. Any guidance would be appreciated.