• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wirgen W50DC elastic coupler problem

jenstarltd

I have a W50 DC had to change the coupler twice now ,once 1800 hrs and now 3000 hrs WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP Wirtgen has to rethink this one.

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
Hahaha good to see you back. That post isn't a surprise, wirtgen have those special pieces you love to hate.

I remember the old 500 series, if you didn't take good care of that inside ski it loved to push up into the fittings into that cutter drive motor and poof you were done. I had the pleasure of going to pick them up in that shape. Of course nothing was ever capped or plugged. With a Landoll trailer, the real fun was when you got back to the shop. If I described the feeling of sliding down the deck....well....scary doesn't quite make it.

Did wirtgen cover the replacements?

jenstarltd

Hi John ya wirtgen is treating me good with this there is a major updated clutch and coupler for this model the only problem is the engine has to come out to fix

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
The little mills have to stay up with the big ones or the big ones aren't going anywhere. Hate to see you get into a mess over a trimmer that can't keep up. They run thirty year old cat pr 103 mills out west day and night without a problem. Blows my mind.