• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Winter Works

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Snow all around us, and I might have been out plowing 4 times this year so far. I see the roads are closing in the southern part of New Brunswick next week, so that will probably be Nova Scotia as well. We are always a week after that.
428611167_10162284858424162_6309505667226940296_n.jpg
This is a project we are doing site work for. A new Rink, pool and gym. Shows what little snow we have, The snow covered areas have about a foot of snow on them, but the bare spots have been plowed off since January. This was taken this past week.

20/80

Occupation
operator
Snow all around us, and I might have been out plowing 4 times this year so far. I see the roads are closing in the southern part of New Brunswick next week, so that will probably be Nova Scotia as well. We are always a week after that.
428611167_10162284858424162_6309505667226940296_n.jpg
This is a project we are doing site work for. A new Rink, pool and gym. Shows what little snow we have, The snow covered areas have about a foot of snow on them, but the bare spots have been plowed off since January. This was taken this past week.
Thanks for sharing, love having pics shared

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
Took delivery of my second brand new cat 150 I’m giving up on winter took the wing off the first new 150 and put my packer on going to do my blading with that still have wing on my second new one here our a few pictures of it plus the video I did on my YouTube channel IMG_6345.jpegIMG_6346.jpeg

20/80

Occupation
operator
congrats again!! just noticing a few things that are different on mine compared to your new one, blade extension, was that added to give a 14ft or a 16 ft, you also have LED light package which I don't, and I have the auto grease lube system on my machine which I hate, just over greases everything and covers your machine with grease, even on the lowest setting, your wing set up and front plow lift is abit different too but much the same, just in the lift part, thanks for sharing

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
Does the moldboard extension not use end bits? I'm guessing it has conventional controls and a steering wheel.
No end bits on the 2ft blade extension I really wish they could make them work but then again I’ve never had one wear out yet so guess if it not an issue leave it alone and this machine has the joystick controls so no steering wheel just two joysticks I love it.

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
congrats again!! just noticing a few things that are different on mine compared to your new one, blade extension, was that added to give a 14ft or a 16 ft, you also have LED light package which I don't, and I have the auto grease lube system on my machine which I hate, just over greases everything and covers your machine with grease, even on the lowest setting, your wing set up and front plow lift is abit different too but much the same, just in the lift part, thanks for sharing
Thanks and I have a 2ft left hand blade extension making moldboard 16ft and yeah I ordered both machines with the led lights there amazing and yeah I don’t think I’d like the auto grease option if it makes a mess I prefer my equipment nice and clean and yeah little difference in the snow equipment I’m suer mine is all balderson snow equipment which is now cat I prefer this snow equipment over anything else.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Unless you do a lot of ditching, I don't think you really need the end edges. My old 730 had almost 19000 hours on it, and they were flipped once. All of our snow is pretty much gone, and it's almost t shirt weather.

20/80

Occupation
operator
Unless you do a lot of ditching, I don't think you really need the end edges. My old 730 had almost 19000 hours on it, and they were flipped once. All of our snow is pretty much gone, and it's almost t shirt weather.
Yeah our snow has taken a beating, still lots in the woods though, it has been very mild last day or too, we alway's get hit with a crazy march snow storm though

JaredV

We got 18"in the hills this weekend. I've spent the last 2-1/2 days plowing about 18 miles of logging roads. Yesterday I plowed the toughest road for me yet. Steep, narrow and dug out of a rock hillside. Slow and easy does it. Then I also had a mainline that I could grab a few gears and let er rip. Today I hauled the grader to another road and plowed another 12-18" so our dump trucks can run tomorrow and then hauled it back to the shop to be ready to go grade a road tomorrow.

Parked the machine in the old Weyerhauser shop my dad worked in 40+years ago Monday night.
KIMG3866.JPG

Operator following me in.
KIMG3870.JPG

Steep and narrow, pushing the berm over the side. Big old growth log that slid down the bank years ago, don't want to mess with that!
KIMG3875.JPG

Plowed the previous pass on the way in a few hours before and it's melting off nicely.
KIMG3883.JPG

JaredV

I love this front blade. The horns on top are great for pushing trees down that aren't on the ground and the tilt is great for catching them with the corner and pushing them off.KIMG3892.JPG

KIMG3895.JPG

KIMG3896.JPG

Loaded up, ready for whatever is next.
KIMG3897.JPG

JaredV

I put an outside air temp gauge in last spring and now I get to use it. Sure is nice to know what's going on outside since temps are usually not much below freezing.
KIMG3893.JPG