• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Winter Project 955k

AJsOffroad

Starting another winter project. It is our 955k. Enjoy.:usa

Attachments

• 955k.jpg
    955k.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 955k 2.jpg
    955k 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,042

AJsOffroad

1st pic: Finished sandblasting Friday afternoon and put her primer after that.

2nd pic: Today I painted. What do you guys think of the color? Does it look to yellow? Maybe it just needs to go outside?:usa

Attachments

• 955k 4.jpg
    955k 4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 804
  • 955k 3.jpg
    955k 3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 797

Red Bank

It really looks good. I wished my front grille was as straight as yours:notworthy. Your machine definitely looks like it has been taken care of and deserves to be painted. Are you going to replace the decals too?

nedly05

AJ, very cool! now when you sand blasted do you tape off all of the pivot points to keep the sand out of the grease? do you cover the motor? can you describe the process for getting ready to blast, I want to do some of our equipment and dont know the first thing about it and I dont want to mess anything up. First thing I want to do is the trailer!

Very nice job!!!!!:thumbsup

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Old track loaders like 955s and 977s are definitely some of the machines that made me want to be an operator.

AJsOffroad

AJ, very cool! now when you sand blasted do you tape off all of the pivot points to keep the sand out of the grease? do you cover the motor? can you describe the process for getting ready to blast, I want to do some of our equipment and dont know the first thing about it and I dont want to mess anything up. First thing I want to do is the trailer!

Very nice job!!!!!:thumbsup

I tape anything I don't want blasted, ie hydraulic rods, serial # plates, etc, with duct tape and a couple layers of it. The pivot points are just blasted and then we grease them after we paint and its ready to go out the door. The motor we don't cover but we like to put cardboard in front of the radiator for blasting and paint. Trailers we take all the wheels off.

1st pic is painted with New Holland yellow.

2nd pic is painted with old Caterpillar yellow.

I will also get pictures of it outside.

Attachments

• 955k-3.jpg
    955k-3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 741
  • 955k 5.jpg
    955k 5.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 732

surfer-joe

Could you not have used Cat water-based paint of the proper color? It's not too expensive, honest. Anyway, the Cat will look better after you ad the proper decals.