• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Winnemucca, Nevada

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
We moved to Winnemucca, Nevada. Were building a house. Any HEF guys live here???

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Don't live there... but drove though it a few times to go opal mining northwest of there :)

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I've been there twice in a past life on range fires. Since there are no trees, I remember weaseling a 4x4 fire truck to straddle across a little gulch so we could set up lawn chairs and have half an hour of shade to eat our lunch.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Royal Peacock... about the same temp as the center of the earth LOL!

Yep ;) it was hot as a frying pan!!! and lots of snakes about :eek: ,also went a few hours further into the desert to mine for some of the hardrock opal (dry) it was some cool stuff but really small nodules of actual opal... still have 20-30 pounds of it around here somewhere.