1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

windrow door

Discussion in 'Mills' started by sweepers, Jun 26, 2010.

1. sweepers

sweepers Member

any suggestions or pictures on keeping the rear tracks clean when the windrow is open.
    we have a number of streets to pulverize,but when ever i pulverize {leave in place} my rear tracks fill up with material. I run a 2m bomag mill. The windrow door works perfectly but the tracks are a issue

thank you

2. griz

griz Active Member

equipment technician
    If you are talking about build up on top the track pad trying mounting a spray nozzle on the yoke and lightly mist the track pads should keep the material off. This works very good for cold in place milling, pulverizing not sure, but good luck.

3. sweepers

sweepers Member

I never have a problem with anything sticking to pads.When rear door is open or in the raised position the milled material goes into the chains,drive sprockets and locks up the tracks

4. bean

bean Well-Known Member

We added some rubber on the rear tracks of a PR1000 to keep the crap out of the tracks I will try and get a picture sometime If I am near where its working.

5. daddy

daddy Active Member

A picture might help.

6. bean

bean Well-Known Member

Here are the pictures it took me a while to get them.

Attached Files: