1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Will a 3306B engine work in a 980B cat loader?

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by oarwhat, Nov 19, 2016.

1. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

I own 3 Caterpillar 980B loaders. They all run and work just fine. I'm always looking for spare parts and can get a 3306B engine cheap. What are the differences? Are the internals the same? I'm sure the injection pumps are different as this engine is in a dump. Thanks Randy

2. Cmark

Cmark Senior Member

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

3. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

89P05XX 89P1XXX 89P4XXX I don't have the exact serial numbers here. Thanks!!

4. ben46a

ben46a Senior Member

do you have the 3306 sn as well?

5. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    There is a chance if you can get the exact s/n from all three one could do a "COMPARE CONSISTS" search on them to see what is the same and what is different.