1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Why...

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by DIYDAVE, May 22, 2020.

1. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

Does a hose have to spring a pinhole leak, on a jobsite, yet when tested before before goin to the job, no leaks evident? Sigh... Anyway, its on a Lowe hydraulic augur. Took hoses off, leak was where the hose comes outta the box, I suspect a rub problem, anyway, took'em off, went to colliflower store, 2 new hoses about 6' long, 1/2 id hose, 4 fittings, 4' of fiber wrap, on 1 end of each hose, plastic armor(on the suspected rub site). Anybody want to gue$$?
    While I was in the box, adjusted the chain drive a little tighter, has 2 nuts on the motor slide, that I'm gonna have to bend a cheap open end wrench, to fit!

2. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

I'm saying it cost 375dollars

3. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

Just a little on the high side, there, Tyler...;)

4. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    Why does bad stuff happen when you say it should be a easy day or an early finish to the day?

5. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Dam hoses, Dave !
    3500 psi ?
    $120.00 a hose for Parker or Aeroquip ?
    I got hosed last week. $100.45 for a 1 inch x 18 inches 4000 psi. He won't see me again. Dirty s#########h.

6. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

Might as well as call it a bingo, Tinkerer, $237.48 for 2 6' long 1/2" hoses, with JIC fittings, on 1 end, and sae straight, on t'other end. Also had 'em put a foot of plastic armor, on the box ends, and 4' of the fiber stuff, on t'other ends. It states 4000 psi, on the hose, can't 'member the name, but the bill sez series 43 hose, iffn that means anything to ya...;)

Tinkerer likes this.
  7. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

First time out plowing snow this past season I blew a hose. Replaced it and then blew a hose again the second time out. The plow is only 4 years old so I looked at the rest of them and they were in poor shape. Most of the local parts stores I depended on for hoses have closed up when the national brands came in and the national brands don't do hoses. Managed to find one of the locals that still does and it was over $500 by the time I was done. Hoses ain't cheap anymore if you can find someone to make them!!

8. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Just for what it's worth, I'd have about $50.00 in material, (plus the hose wrap, didn't look that up) in making those hoses. If you gave me $237.48, I'd throw in the wrap. :D

TNB likes this.
  9. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Senior Member

Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
    Steve.. MOST of the rental places have their mobile trucks that are equipped w hydro hose making machines.. so next time u see 1 driving by, grab'm & try to make friends..

Steve Frazier likes this.
  10. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

-8 4000 psi hose is expensive anywhere.
    I'm familiar with Parker series 43 fittings. That is what the guy I used to go to used.
    Never heard of a series 43 hose tho.

11. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

-8 4000 psi couplamatic hose costs me $2.11 a foot

That is not real high pressure for -8 hose