• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Why is the 743 Bobcat so popular?

TALLRICK

This just makes no sense to me. Any old worn out 743 for sale around here seems to bring a high price. I have seen 763's sell for less than equal hour 743's! Is it the smaller size that makes them more popular? Some of them are over 25 years old. The amount of wear and repair work needed for some is amazing. Then again I get a good laugh out of people who pay thousands for an old M-610. Any ideas?

Mdwstsnow512

well i got a 743, not gonna claim its great

but small frame, relatively decent power, and they are near bulletproof. mine is covered in about 3 gallons of oil it has collected over the years sits 90% of the time except in the winter and is still strong runner.

later
Nate

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
well i got a 743, not gonna claim its great

But once you have operated a 763, you will never go with a smile on your face in the 743 bouncer. :Banghead

I don't see any benefits with the 743, the difference in size is so minimal also!