• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

why do they paint terexs green?

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
those three parked together were those the 35es? they look like big scrapers.

gd10r

637, Those are S-24B's fresh out of the paint shop. The S-35E's, Dwire re-names all their iron that as its repowered, is the paddle wheel with the GPS system. Send some photos of your 37's banging away when you get the chance. I have several hundred photos of 637's that I can start to post someday.
G

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
is that roller a terex? it looks exactly like a cat wd20,

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
the ts14 looks like it holds alot of dirt,did it come from the factory like that?

gd10r

637, the TS14 is a water wagon, just welded the bowl shut. The roller is an old S-24 mounted with a southwest proof roller. Pretty neat stuff. G

Turbo21835

Alright, ive let this go on long enough. The real reason they paint terexs green is not so you can call em a green weenie or anything else. The reason is because a 6'4" redhead like me just looks damn good makin those jimmys scream.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
637, the TS14 is a water wagon, just welded the bowl shut. The roller is an old S-24 mounted with a southwest proof roller. Pretty neat stuff. G
i guess the first time i wasnt paying attention didnt notice the ww,nice looking equipment,if i knew how to do it ide put that smiliey shooting himself in the head for myself.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
if i knew how to do it ide put that smiliey shooting himself in the head for myself.

When on the reply screen, put the cursor where you want the smiley. Look to the right of the reply screen and you will see a box with the smilies in there. Click the smiley you want and it will put the necessary code in the text for you.

Example:

This is what you'll see when typing your reply :pointHead

This is what you'll see when you submit your reply :pointhead

The code needed to create the smiley is automatically added to the reply when you click the smiley on the right of the screen. Just make sure you don't change the code that's added or the smiley won't work.

Hope this helps. :)

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
thanx countryboy i would always click the smiliey,when i would just see the text i figured it wasnt working.:drinkup

kentguyuk

Euclid (Terex's predecessor) had machinery painted in a dark green shade, and later yellow during the 50's. When GM bought into the Euclid company,
they were looking to form their own identity. They came up with the Terex name, combining the latin words Terra, which means Earth, and Rex, which means King. King of the Earth, you see?

alan627b

Before GM brought Euclid, the machines were availbale with Cummins engines but GM tried to cut down the number of machines sold with Cummins engines to promote their own (GM) motors.
The US government did not take kindly to this and sued GM, cutting a long story short GM sold the rights to the truck manufacturing to the white motor company along with the Euclid name, GM picked the TEREX (earth king) for the remains of the division. White motors became part of Hitachi so now the name Euclid has gone. Terex is a conglomerate that seems to be getting bigger and bigger, the earth moving side has all but colapsed, from at one time making a number of scrapers to now only the TS14 in Scotland.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
That's not exactly true, at least in the US, but which division is owned by whom is a bit confusing.....
http://www.terex.com/main.php
Euclid still survives, at least in name....probably like Claas combines, one plant just across the highway from my house, although there is little if any Cat in them....trading on name recognition...
http://hutnyak.com/Euclid.htm

gd10r

Here are a few more, gosh I like them old eucs. The only unique thing is that the "second" scraper has been removed from the tractor unit. This guy still runs the tandems every once and a while when the conditions permit. G

Attachments

• IMGP3446.jpg
    IMGP3446.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,815
  • IMGP3441-1.jpg
    IMGP3441-1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,756
  • IMGP3444-1.jpg
    IMGP3444-1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,831
Last edited:

pushkid84

its cool to see those old terx scrappers still working the last terex scrappers i saw were in an old abandoned strip mine they were both in pices but there was also an old terex loader tat still started

992G

That's not exactly true, at least in the US, but which division is owned by whom is a bit confusing.....
http://www.terex.com/main.php
Euclid still survives, at least in name....probably like Claas combines, one plant just across the highway from my house, although there is little if any Cat in them....trading on name recognition...
http://hutnyak.com/Euclid.htm

The Euclid haul trucks have been bought out by Hitachi, at first you could still get them in green, but now I am sure the only come in orange.

Last edited by a moderator:

jensham

Wowee! I have just tracked down the original User instruction Manual and Parts Manual for my machine dated 1986.
I now know how to handle the machine "properly" and even how to adjust the brakes.
Things are lookin good

mattyjc

I drive a number of TS-40's, now painted in red but in places where the paint has chipped/worn off you can still see the original Green...a dreadful colour, although very capable machines. Easily as good as the CAT 637G's we also drive, though the Cats are more comfortable!

Regards

Matt