• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who's Run the Largest Equipment?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Yeah, the ones he totaled were Macks and Internationals. The KWs and Petes weren't completely totaled......lol.

Can't speak for the IH's but the Macks we have had for many years are hard to kill, and believe me we have had drivers that tried. Have had every thing from good old B-42 up to DM-800's. Not to mention the M-15's through M-65's for those that don;t know those were the off-highway trucks Mack built for many years, like Terex or Euclid's.

Just for anyone's information we have an RD685SX Dated 1980 that is used daily as a draw down truck for black top plant and various other jobs around the quarry. I'd have to do some digging in the files but do not think it has ever had a valve cover off. A driver did manage to rip the gears out of one of the rear ends a year or so ago. Then again this truck was spec'd as an over the road truck and has lived as an off road truck for 24 years. The original rears were 4.62's we swapped in a set of good used 9.46's Plus it has a straight 5-speed MaxiTorque trans. I didn't change the speedo gear so now the drivers think they are going twice as fast as they really are!

Last edited:

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
old dog's never die just find new owners got a 69 dm boom truck can't beat it no computer just leave the pto in gear reach in bump the start switch and she running