• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whos got the best Ag telahandler

divedigger

Needing a telahandler for a feedlot operation that will be loading out of a trench silo 20ft high and stocking commodities after they unload for more
room. Also be loading mix wagon and stacking round bales for winter coverage. Dont need super reach hieght, but dont want to outgrow it. What are the major difference between Ag and Const series? Will the boom with stand using the bucket like a front end loader on a daily basis since it is just a single arm compaired to 2 on everything else? Does the Case/Ih or Ford make a reliable unit? Thanks for any and all comments!

Muzza96

Working on a hay and crop farm in Australia we tend to get a lot of usage out of these machines.
Some of the issues we face when using these machines for 12 + hours a day are that most of them seem to suffer overheating issues.
Out of Manitou, New Holland, Bobcat and JCB; the JCB was the only one not to suffer this problem. If possible look for one with a reversing fan as these help to keep the radiator clean but most will still need to be blown out periodically.
As for using a bucket we have had no problems. Ours get used for loading spreaders with fertilizer and trucks with gravel.

Muzza96

Working on a hay and crop farm in Australia we tend to get a lot of usage out of these machines.
Some of the issues we face when using these machines for 12 + hours a day are that most of them seem to suffer overheating issues.
Out of Manitou, New Holland, Bobcat and JCB; the JCB was the only one not to suffer this problem. If possible look for one with a reversing fan as these help to keep the radiator clean but most will still need to be blown out periodically.
As for using a bucket we have had no problems. Ours get used for loading spreaders with fertilizer and trucks with gravel.

HSV127

I'd have to say JCB as well, but definitely go for an ag model as they have way more options such as more horsepower, bigger hydraulic pump (more lpm), reversible cooling fan, better lights, boom suspension, to name a few. Only thing is you will be paying more for this but worth it for the way faster cycle times IMO.

caterpillarmech

Occupation
Field Service Supervisor
First I would look for dealer support. JCB may be fine in a country that builds them but not so much when you can't get parts or support quickly. JLG makes some good machines. I work on the JLG/Cat ones and have no major complaints. I think Deere and Case make one as well. Just googling it I found a Merlow that has a three point on the back of it. That would be handy!