• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who seen one of these?

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
As promised

hi i am a new member ,interested in stocks barford dumper,i have one ,bit of a devil to start though and a bit of a pain to dump ,bucket hits the floor and all of the earth doesnt come out ,think i might have wrong size front wheels ,interested in the electric start,any more photos
benford dumper (23).jpg

benford dumper (29).jpg

benford dumper (37).jpg

dylan

Thanks for the photos Stock looks like a good modification ,do you know anything about this dumper ,like why was the tipping action made this way was it for a specific task,and what size front tyres is it supposed to have, thanks dylan

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
,like why was the tipping action made this way was it for a specific task,

The specific task was to get the muck out of the skip. Back in the days when that machine was in its prime those shiny silvery things called rams and powered by that hydraulicly oil stuff were only just finding thier way onto them digging things let alone dumpers :D Note the rear steer, that was because nobody had come up with articulation and 4 wheel drive for dumpers yet. :drinkup

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
That's the oddest old backhoe I've ever seen, I want one, partly because it's old and you never see one around here and jeez it is neat.

stock

Occupation
join the Q !

Stock

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
That machine would make a nice restoration one day. I rember a guy in town that used to put in gas stations way back there. When i was about 15 he died and they sold off his machinery. He never sold a machine when it got old he parked it in the kudzu patch. I went to the sale and he had an 8N Ford backhoe. The boom was made by a cpomany called Pippn Digger. Ans so was the front blade. It was all made from pipe. Somebody in Walnut MS bought it and it was on the side of the road for a while. A friend bought a TD6 IH loaderthat was in the weeds everyone missed. It s forsale now need and axle replaced.
There used to be a man and wife grave digger team that had an old 320 Case hoe but it was so old and broken I think they went broke. They never put any money back into their equipment. The old hoe lost an out rigger foot somew here and they roan it for years like that eventually it brok an axle fro mthe side pull on it. It broke done in the cemetery down the road a few times i had to go do the job with my 75 For 3550

d4c24a

whitlock

this is not far from where i live ,my brother took some pictures
it has not been used for a while
cheers graham

Attachments

• aldermaston017-1.jpg
    aldermaston017-1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,370
  • aldermaston019.jpg
    aldermaston019.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,617
  • aldermaston020.jpg
    aldermaston020.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 861

stock

Occupation
Ha Ha! We are going to need more info on that beast ,that a very funny set up no cross slide ,are those rams on the bottom for slewing or side movement,please return with the picture maker and use your expert skill to acquire some pictures of the lower section of the back hoe make up ,of the side shift and slew set up please.

Stock

d4c24a

sideshift

stock if i recall correctly ,the backhoe is held in position by pins and you have the option of left , right , and centre
the lower rams are for the slew
when i have time i will try to get more pictures
cheers graham

d4c24a

more pictures

went to cheffins sale at ely today and found this gem :notworthy
it was in great condition
if you notice the levers move side to side with the arm :eek:

and two pictures of a differant make with early pilot controls :D
cheers graham

Attachments

• 100_0434.JPG
    100_0434.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,345
  • 100_0432.JPG
    100_0432.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 757
  • 100_0431.JPG
    100_0431.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_0441.JPG
    100_0441.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 809
  • 100_0442.JPG
    100_0442.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 758

stock

Occupation
lovely old iron and in good condition as well what was the second marque?

stock

Occupation
Gee! that a well minded piece of plant the paint is still on the front scoop, any idea on the price they made?

Roy1975

I am a new member on this site, I have an old Payloader that I just purchased, its front wheel drive/rear steer, I know nothing about this machine and I was looking to see if anyone on here could help me out. Perhaps someone has seen one of these before and could tell me what it is. I need to purchase parts for it and dont even know where to start. If anyone thinks they could help me out, please email me at roy31mn@aol.com and I can end a photo of it. Thank you very much.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I am a new member on this site, I have an old Payloader that I just purchased, its front wheel drive/rear steer, I know nothing about this machine and I was looking to see if anyone on here could help me out.

First of all, welcome aboard.

Make another couple of posts and then you will be able to start a new thread and post a picture.
It sounds to me like you have a shovel so I suggest once you have made 3 posts start a new thread in Loading shovels, add a picture and I bet the members will be all over it like a rash :D :drinkup

special tool

Nice pics of a nice old machine.

Still kind of waiting for someone to come on here and say they can outdig a new Kubota 80 with one of these....:rolleyes::D

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Still kind of waiting for someone to come on here and say they can outdig a new Kubota 80 with one of these....:rolleyes::D

I'll give it a go.............provided the Kubota only has 1/2 pint of fuel in its tank ( purely to even out the weight you understand ) ......... Oh! the other thing is I will need to be the holder of the ONLY Kubota key on site :D