• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who seen one of these?

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Offence! is it not a game play?

The reason is, I was always led to believe that Case were the origionators of the slew rams but this old girl is the first one of this model that I have seen and the first backhoe of this vintage with slew rams, so keep your power dry and look at what machines the older crew cut their teeth on and appreciate how good the equipment is now .

ps It should also explain why we are all deaf too, or nearly that is.;);)

PPs this is where it all nearly started

Last edited:

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
looks like an old allis chalmers

stock

Occupation
The backhoe

Whitlock shovel 1 (4).jpg

The z-bar linkage

Whitlock shovel 1 (6).jpg

The operating levers for the back hoe

Whitlock shovel 1 (13).jpg

this is one of 4 bolts that needed to be loosened to side shift the arm.

Whitlock shovel 1 (20).jpg

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I know what that is only from 2 sources one from Thomas Kosherstiedts site Polytrac.de, he sent me a copy of a brochure and the front from a last years issue of Classicplant and Machinery Thats a Whitlock. Check out that snout that was 40 years ahead hof its time.

d4c24a

whitlock

i too would go with whitlock
and i would like the trailer it would be just the job for my D4 and box :D
cheers graham

GA4500

ireland

Hi,
I just came back from Ireland and when I saw this post my mouth dropped open.

The license plate (Reg as it's called over there) is Irish. the 00 means 2000 year and the D stands for "Dublin" or "Baile ata clie" as said in Gailic. the last numbers are the "serial number of the reg". The black plate is an older irish plate before the standard EU formats came out. I didnt' see many of them as they were mainly kept as "decorative" plates from years past. The D on the black plate also denotes dublin.

So you may want to think about what models would have been available in Ireland during the pre-2000 years. I'd say our English chap has the best insight into what this is...

Tally ho.

d4c24a

reg no,s

the older reg plate is a uk plate the machine used to be a uk machine before being imported to southern ireland the last letter on that plate means it was registered between jan-dec 1966
cheers graham

GA4500

you are correct...good catch

Where you located Graham? I spent some time in the UK as well...

dylan

hi i am a new member ,interested in stocks barford dumper,i have one ,bit of a devil to start though and a bit of a pain to dump ,bucket hits the floor and all of the earth doesnt come out ,think i might have wrong size front wheels ,interested in the electric start,any more photos

broncoace67

Hey everyone trying to contact a guy from another site, he told me I could find him here. Looking for estimates for a pond in the youngstown ohio area.

Hey ditch digger, can't start a new thread hope you see this.

stock

Occupation
hi i am a new member ,interested in stocks barford dumper,i have one ,bit of a devil to start though and a bit of a pain to dump ,bucket hits the floor and all of the earth doesnt come out ,think i might have wrong size front wheels ,interested in the electric start,any more photos

AS they say in TV land Stay tuned

Stock

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Looks like a old Ford or a Massey, where abouts in ireland is it

Rick Rowlands

Broncoace, I'm not the guy looking to have a pond dug but I am in Youngstown. I just finished rebuilding a White Oliver 2-78 TLB. Not as archaic as the one featured in this post, but it is from the late 1960s.

Do you have an excavating outfit in Girard?

stock

Occupation
Whitlock shovel 1 (16).jpg

The machine is located out side Limerick city, it is a whitlock built on a ford skid unit.

Whitlock shovel 1.jpg

Modern interior by 60's standards

Stock