• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who manufactured this auger/drill?

Passionhawk1

I just bought this machine and it has no build plate. It is powered by a 4-cylinder Detroit with a turbo. It is a 4x4 with 4-wheel steering. Not a home made machine. I need to find manuals but I can't even do that if I can't ID who built the machine and what it is called.

Kindest Regards,
Jim Mitchell
DLOG Finders

Attachments

• AUGER AND DERRICK FRAME.jpg
    AUGER AND DERRICK FRAME.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 65
  • FULL AUGER FRONT 3-4.jpg
    FULL AUGER FRONT 3-4.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 64
  • REAR 3-4 ANGLE FULL MACHINE.jpg
    REAR 3-4 ANGLE FULL MACHINE.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 62
  • SIDE PROFILE.jpg
    SIDE PROFILE.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 63

Delmer

It looks like it has Pettibone blood to me. And by that I mean, it looks like a Pettibone chassis, who knows if they or somebody else put the auger on it. Ardco is apparently part of Pettibone now, but I couldn't find any similar pics.

Passionhawk1

It looks like it has Pettibone blood to me. And by that I mean, it looks like a Pettibone chassis, who knows if they or somebody else put the auger on it. Ardco is apparently part of Pettibone now, but I couldn't find any similar pics.
Hello, Delmer:

I can see why you say it looks like Pettibone. I would agree but search as I would, I could find nothing remotely close.

Kindest Regards,
Jim Mitchell
DLOG Finders

Delmer

Me neither. Just maintain the components and don't worry who made it?

Unless you really need to know, then you could find some part numbers on the hydraulic cylinders(or similar less universal components) and see if they're the same as some other Pettibone machine. Machinery trader parts search is where I'd do that searching.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
It looks like Pettibone power unit to me also. If you can find a tag somewhere Pettibone keeps a record of build sheets of all machines built by them. It could be a Pettibone power unit with some other manufactures build out on it. I seen a similar power unit to yours at a show a couple years ago in Wisconsin. That one had a self loading conveyor for loading stockpiles in place of where your augar is at rest. It's a cool piece, I like it.