• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who makes what for what brands

Kenskip1

Well, I guess the title says it all.I visited my local John deere dealer looking at the 17G/26C. The dealer told me that Hatiche makes them.Are other name brands made by other manufacturers? Can someone point me in the proper direction to find out? Bobcat is the only make that I am aware of that produces their own components that I am aware of.Case is made by who? Caterpillar?Same question. Not that this really matters in my future purchase however,, this is something that I would like to be aware of. Thank you for your time and effort, Ken

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yes, it varies and changes. Kobelco used to build machines for New Holland and CASE. That recently changed to Hyundai building for CNH. Wacker Nueson used to build excavators for CAT up the 303 until a couple years ago, CAT now builds their own. Airman used to build the smaller Deere machines, not sure if that is still the case or not. CASE above 17K and Linkbelt are built by Sumitomo.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The makes and models shuffle around so much anymore it's near impossible to know for sure who makes what.

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
Bobcat excavators are built in the US but Doosan (Korea) owns the business and now the engines are Doosan instead of Kubota. Yanmar is Yanmar and Kubota is Kubota. Bobcat and Kubota were on my short list when shopping for mine because of dealer support.

Donm

I have been trying to figure out how to "buy American" and I don't know if buying foreign made from an american company or USA made from foreign company is better.