• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who builds the Case dozers?

Kevin Cohrs

Recently bought a 2017 Case 2050M. Wondering who actually builds this machine for Case? I know their excavators are built by Sumitomo in Japan...

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
I don't know who builds the machine but the undercarriage on your 2050M is mostly the same as on the John Deere 850K and the Cat D6R. I think the segments are Case only best I can tell.

Welder Dave

Have never heard that anyone else making dozers for Case. Excavators, even Cat are based on Japanese designs.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
The Case excavators are/were built by Sumitomo, but I think they were/are built at the LBX plant in Lousiville, KY. That is the Linkbelt excavator factory.
not sure at all about the dozers.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I can't imagine anyone else building a Case dozer. They are so different from any other make.

Puffie40

CNH is headquartered in the UK with investor ties to Fiat, so the dozer design is very likely european in origin.
They do bear a little resemblance to Liebherr bulldozers, but that might be a coincidence.

crane operator

ih100

Have never heard that anyone else making dozers for Case. Excavators, even Cat are based on Japanese designs.
Well, Cat’s excavator research and design centre is based in Japan, so that part is right, but they’re Cat designs. They do some of the software development in the UK.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Google maps shows a big lineup of brand new Case dozers at the Case factory in Burlington Iowa. Shows lots of dozer parts stored outside also. Bet they do build them there.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am not aware of Kobelco ever building Case excavators. It has been Sumitomo back to Proclain as far as I was aware. But maybe I missed something.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Kobelco built some mini excavators for a time for Case some years ago. At some point Kobelco, Case and Fiat were in bed together and I slightly remember Kobelco bowing out of that situation.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Kobelco built some mini excavators for a time for Case some years ago. At some point Kobelco, Case and Fiat were in bed together and I slightly remember Kobelco bowing out of that situation.
Yes the best thing they did was get away from Fiat and Case with there excavators.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yes Kobelco did build the Case mini ex. I was thinking full size machines, which Kobelco never built for Case.