• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

White-GMC 94’ STC 330 N14

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Something like this?

800383.jpg

Truck Shop

Should most likely be a AD-9 like pictured above. But the biggest problem that you will have is removing the three screws that hold the purge valve in place. One that old the steel screws in
the aluminum base are probably corroded and will snap off.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Should most likely be a AD-9 like pictured above. But the biggest problem that you will have is removing the three screws that hold the purge valve in place. One that old the steel screws in
the aluminum base are probably corroded and will snap off.
I do have a torch on board. Wonder if it can hang on till I land back in Washington state.
Something like this?

800383.jpg
Yep looks like that. I made it rest of the way though, going to offload in the morning. Almost didn’t make last few miles, too steep on loose rock and powder clay.26AB4B01-0062-4FD0-918D-5A545FB161BD.jpegEDADD801-7CCC-44F3-A36D-302B91DFBCE7.jpeg

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Now I need to find out why the dash lights are all dim, work perfect with key off or in Acc mode, but with key on it goes dim. By the way don’t beat on the gauges to see if anything is loose, it’s real glass and it will break as I put my fist through it. o_O

Tenwheeler

Boy you guys have lost your sense of adventure, why tearing into that AD-9 could cause some good old fashion hate and discontent.:)
When I worked for a company shop we rebuilt them on a schedule. Seldom had a problem.
Working on others trucks if there is ever a problem they want want me to repair it for nothing. I have found trying to save other people money at times costs me money or causes bad feelings. Just do the reman right off the bat anymore.

Tenwheeler

Now I need to find out why the dash lights are all dim, work perfect with key off or in Acc mode, but with key on it goes dim. By the way don’t beat on the gauges to see if anything is loose, it’s real glass and it will break as I put my fist through it. o_O
Check the grounds. I a shop manual for a truck very similar to yours. It is two 4 inch thick binders. I am slow to get around to do things like that but I may be able to look up or send you some info.

Truck Shop

Volvo dash clusters are known for light and gauge problems, There is a thin printed circuit film on the back that will distort and crack over time. I think Volvo still sells a replacement cluster.
I made one out of aluminum and used standard gauges and electronic tack and speedometer some years back for a Volvo.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Check the grounds. I a shop manual for a truck very similar to yours. It is two 4 inch thick binders. I am slow to get around to do things like that but I may be able to look up or send you some info.
I am in the market for a book of that sorts :rolleyes:
Volvo dash clusters are known for light and gauge problems, There is a thin printed circuit film on the back that will distort and crack over time. I think Volvo still sells a replacement cluster.
I made one out of aluminum and used standard gauges and electronic tack and speedometer some years back for a Volvo.
Thought of doing just that, but that will be a different days project. Guess I better just shut it down by dusk or tape a light over it, DOT would love me for that idea :D

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Going back down the rabbit hole...
Most remember this semi I was given, welp just so happens I tried taking everyone’s advice and leaving it. Damnest thing is I tried pulling with rig this thread was started with and the rear gear ratio isn’t meant for mountain passes. So the semi in the picture has the gears I need but there is a catch, I have to take the whole thing... Provided it’s free parts and I don’t have to pay $2000 for rears on this rig the price is right. So I got few options.
A. Take the whole thing $800 in fuel costs plus 6 days round trip to MT and back
B. Pull rears and sell engine, transmission, cab and whatever else then cut rest up for scraping, what I salvage haul to MT on next trip.
C. Pull rears and just scrap the rest
It’s painful to scrap a Peterbilt yet I have no use for my application only for few parts off it unless I used it as a dump truck for building up my property. Unless I could cut from the cab forward and turn it into a pup trailer...3F13AAD6-832E-412A-877B-984B6505802B.jpeg01A4FF54-891D-4E5B-AFE5-A14836C3C04B.jpeg7A5357E5-6024-40EA-B2F5-8A68F31B6D3E.jpeg1626EDC6-D9E8-4428-B66D-CF6957A918B8.jpeg
Specs:
1990 Peterbilt Cat 3176 325 hp 1225 torque RTX12709H transmission said it was a dump truck at one time.