• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

white 4-180. cat 3208 clutch adjustment.

mxbeaver513

Hello, can someone help me with instructions on how to adjust the clutch in my White 4-180 tractor. It has a cat 3208 motor. I have adjusted clutchs in many of my trucks but for the life of me I cant seem to figure this one out.

02Dmax

Does it have a truck - style clutch? Any pics of it? What kind of linkage does it have?

mxbeaver513

Does it have a truck - style clutch? Any pics of it? What kind of linkage does it have?

it dos not look like the clutches in my trucks. I have 1 old truck that adjusts by spinning a big nut around the shaft. the other is just 1 bolt on the back of the clutch. This clutch in this white 4-180 has 3 bolts on the back of the clutch. I losen them n it just seemed to be bolts holding it togeather.

mxbeaver513

the linkage is metal rods. it has plenty of free play in the linkage. It slips under a load. the clutch is only a couple years old and very low hours.