• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which tilt bed trailer?

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
The 8" I-beam frame on the second one I think will hold up better. The biggest thing is with torsion axles the trailer has to sit level or you will load one axle more than the other as there is no equalizer between the two.

terex herder

I've got a PJ I like. The trailer is a deck over so the ramp angle is a little steeper. But being a deck over its a lot more convenient to haul other things, as its easy to load with a forklift and put the load exactly where it needs to be. I haul a Deere 332 skidder, and have hauled forklifts and ag tractors.

If I was buying another, I'd get the wireless remote for the tilt and a winch mounting plate.

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Have a solid, and a tilt. Made the mistake of taking the tilt to pick up 2 pallets of material. The pallet behind the axles bent the trailer bed. Have since seen others like this. Tilt trailers are great for equipment, but not as handy as a solid deck. JMHO.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Old post though for future reference torsional axles are best left to RV's not just cause equalization isn't there between the axles but the abuse a utility trailer takes over a RV.

TVA

Might wanna look in to Lamar, but I don’t own one so I can’t say.