• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which skid steer brand?

JDWY

Occupation
Heavy Truck Mechanic Retired
After plowing snow with a wheeled machine and now a tracked machine there is no comparison. The wheeled machine will move massive amounts of snow and the tracked machine can hardly move it self. Any icy spot or packed snow and you are pretty much done.
That's interesting plus good to know. I would have thought just the opposite.

Mikefromcny

Occupation
Mechanic
I've got an older s250 as a homeowner machine, and it's been good. Parts readily available, strong machine.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Sounds like he decided to go with a Case. The Case dealer was the only one in town it seemed that were interested in returning phone calls and emails.

Last edited:

Dichdgr

My T770 with NEW camso snow track. Turned it into a toboggan. Unsafe in the mountains. Good for flat flat parking lots or a ice rink video.

Tags

One you spin the tracks and make ice you're finished. I usually try to run on snow if Im moving snow until the last pass, if you're clearing a lot slow and steady is the key, if youre on a slope and spin the tracks and make ice things get exciting real quick....