• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which excavators are made by the same people??

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Hokuetsu also make mini for Hitachi and retail them ,themselves as airmans ax series
Bell and Hyundai excavators are the same and made by Hyundai .
Hyundai are making a shovel for John Deere in europe
The new cat tracked skidloader has tracks made byASV who are owner by Terex.

Last edited:

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I think Terex also bought out ATLAS for there excavator I know at one time they had the worlds largest wheel excavator.

Kfarmer

Occupation
Web and Print Designer
Clearly a lot of you guys really know the manufacturing history. Are particular manufactures that are likely consolidation candidates/victims during this economic downturn?

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Terex Buying Out Atlas

I think Terex also bought out ATLAS for there excavator I know at one time they had the worlds largest wheel excavator.

I think you are right about Terex buying out Atlas. I bought a couple of New/Old Stock Atlas Demolition Grapples from Terex a few months ago. The Atlas's that I got were made in Germany, I think the new Terex/Atlas Demolition Grapple is made in South Haven Mississippi. Which one would you rather have?:rolleyes:

I think Terex also bought out Fuchs. A lot of people think they are THE machine for scrap handling, Especially in Europe.

It looks like Terex is doing in the Construction Market what AGCO has done it the AG market the last 10 years or so. Buying everything under the sun and making a super company with not a lot of growth from the original line. AGCO came out publicly around last year and stated their growing was over with for a while. Who knows why.:beatsme

stock

Occupation
Who made this??

Found this but who made her??

DSCF0098a.jpg

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
mmmmm u have to love it when people put random stickers on a new machine,

the digger i have been running is a LISHIDE SC130.7 (made by shandong) (CHINA)

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
That's my guess too roddyo. My buddy has a 655 and this looks just like it in a different color and Europeanized. The slope of the engine cover has New Holland lines too, along with the glass.

stock

Occupation
the answer

DSCF0102.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

A Fiat hitachi 100.3 built by Ford/ new holland

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
I would like to state for the record, and this is not directed at anyone or anything said within this post, that just because something is made in Japan DOES NOT mean that it is the same as the next model built in Japan. It seems everyone that has a vendetta for CAT likes to say.."theyre all made in Japan, all the same machines" This is false and quite ignorant.

Also, to those who believe that Cat or any other "domestic" brand has lost its reliability due to being built in Japan or overseas, get real. If Japanese build their machines anything like their cars, it's only going to help reliability.

Kinda like domestic vs. foreign cars........ Americas got a little ways to go when it comes to competing with Japan. Is anyone wondering why Ford and GM are in such a financial crisis???

hmmmm...........

gee what country with auto manufacturing lets other countries dump cars in their home market like we do in the USA? Japan, Korea, China, Italy, and many European countries are just about perfect about blocking foreign car sales in their country for how many years?

I think they have closed all gaps with foreign cars now it is just perception.

Last edited:

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
A friend of mine works for a Grey market machine dealership I bought my Komatsu hoe there and from time to time they have an oddball machine. One was a small crawler loader with a backhoe attachment. It had a Mitsubishi engine in the back, I think a 3 cylinder, and looks almost like a 943 0r similar rear engined loader. the toothed bucket was round backed like a tracloader bucket but only the size of a small skidsteer bucket. The tracks were a little over a foot high. and the machine was only wide as a skidsteer. everything on it said Mitsubishi but I can find another one any where. I even checked out Mitsubishis heavy equipment line on their website. The other machine of weirdness was a Hitachi dozer. It was bigger than a 650 but smaller than a 750 and it was power shift. They had a customer that bought it and painted it JD yellow. I told them I had seen a link on POlytrac.de that Fiat Hitachi had a deal. Turned out it was a Fiat machine for Hitachi. Great machine I spent a great deal of time on it.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
As far as my knowledge of Fiat Hitachi/ New Holland goes, the Fiats are New Hollands. I saw one New Holland, payed close attention to it, and then looked at a Fiat, and they were exactly the same.

As for Bell Hyundai, that ones come up a few times on this thread, and it doesn't seem right to me, but if you can get some pics of a Bell excavator that you believe is a Hyundai, by all means.

As for Terex Doosan, that one needs some investigation!

Tegian

Volvo excavators: In 1991 the venerable (Started in 1939) Åkerman company became part of Volvo, in 1997 the machines was introduced with Volvo stickers and color. 1998 Volvo bought out Samsung's excavator production and the next year Volvo branded machines were being built in Korea. Volvo made their way into the compact excavator business by buying french manufacturer Pel-Job in 1995, introducing Volvo branded machines in the year 2000.

Wheel loaders: An orignal Volvo product (The first machine is from 1954) in 1985 Volvo and Clark-Michigan merged. Michigan's smaller machines were phased out (Instead Volvos with Michigan stickers were sold on the North American market) and Volvo put their paint on Michigans bigger machines. I belive this lasted until the early 90'is when Volvo bought out their partner. With the Volvo 350F replacing the 330 last year most if not all of Michigans influence on Volvo's wheel loader design are gone I would say. Zettelmayer was bought in 1991 to help Volvo take market shares in the compact wheel loader segment of the market. Parca, Samsung and Pel-Job are other brands that Volvo aquired but their wheel loader lines are today dead.

Skid steers: Volvo bought Scat trak in 2001

Backhoe loaders: Volvos own design. Introduced on the market in 2002. It is worth nothing that Volvo produced "backhoes" earlier. Bigger (And many according to the scandinvians better!) ones but they were discontinued in the late 90is due to the small market. Their EL70c a articulated 10-13 ton machine are missed. Their current line of backhoes arent really even imported to Sweden ... A Swedish Volvo salesmen could prolly not sell one of those "toys" to save his life!

Articulated haulers: Original Volvo (Or atleast Swedish product) springs from Bolinder-Munktell / Livab which started producation of machines in 1955 that have evolved in the todays articulated haulers.

Graders: Have "always" been a Volvo (Or atleast Swedish) product under different brand names. Cannot find the years but for some years (In the 90is?) there wasnt any Volvo graders until Champion was bought in 1997 and Volvo painted Champions showed up in 2001.

Road machinery: In 2007 Volvo bought and repainted Ingersoll Rand's pavers and compactors.

Rigid Haulers: Euclid and Kockums have ended up under the Volvo umbrella but no Volvo rigid haulers have been made since the early 90is. Maybe time for a comeback soon?

Dozers: Never have been any ... Maybe in the future?!

Volvo have a great history site online at Volvo: http://www.volvo.com/constructionequipment/global/en-gb/AboutUs/history/products/introduction.htm

FWD

Unbelievable what's going on in the manfacturing and merger of equipment companies.
I think I read not long ago that Cat sold their interest in ASV and Terex now owns ASV. Like it's been said before, tomorrow this info could be wrong.
FWD

Hyundai

re Who makes what

Hi
I have similar question to this thread ( but as I am new to the site I am unable to start a new thread)
I have a 1996 Hyundai LC130-3 which is in dire need of a new set of chains and sprockets . The problem is a new set of chains and sprockets is £3000 plus then I still have to fit them and also replace an idler which has a chunck out if it .
As the machine is our farm machine and worth £5-6000 it seems too much money to invest.As there are fire damaged machines out there I was wondering if anyone knows which machines have the same chain and sprockets ? I know the LC130 is 46 link but any other help re compatability is much appreciated
Thanks
James

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hi
I have similar question to this thread ( but as I am new to the site I am unable to start a new thread)
I have a 1996 Hyundai LC130-3 which is in dire need of a new set of chains and sprockets . The problem is a new set of chains and sprockets is £3000 plus then I still have to fit them and also replace an idler which has a chunck out if it .
As the machine is our farm machine and worth £5-6000 it seems too much money to invest.As there are fire damaged machines out there I was wondering if anyone knows which machines have the same chain and sprockets ? I know the LC130 is 46 link but any other help re compatability is much appreciated
Thanks
James

On the side of the chain link is a number, I understand every link is marked, clean one up and get the number then your rocking.
My understanding is that many machines will use the same chain and you know how many links you need.

track 1.jpg

Get the number and come back.
You need to make at least 3 posts then after about an hour you can start your own thread to post.
Rob.

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
I worked for International Harvester in the early 70's as a field machanic for a time, I did power shift trans. Anyway IH was letting Komatsu use some of there patents. Then about 30 years later I saw a Komatsu that was real close to a IH Hough 65 I looked and checked it out the engine even looked like a 466. And yes Deer did copy some of the crawler loaded arm and linkage design from the IH 100 125 175 and 250,s. No one has mentioned HOUGH. Hough was bought by IH and Hough was a pioneer in the rubber tire loaders. and this is were you get the bucket linkage on the modern loaders with the cylinder in the middle, can't think of that special name of the linkage, sorry.