• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which excavators are made by the same people??

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
As for JCB fit and finish looking good at Conexpo what would you expect? Do you think anyone is going to take machine to a big show like that does not get special attention to details not given to going to dealers? Cat builds their excavators in Aurora, Il where they also do the wheel loaders in the same plant. Was just there in February.

drag1line

Yes, Cat does build some of their excavators in the US..............BUT...they are built under license from Shin, Caterpillar Mitsubishi, using Mitsubishi technology that they bought in the middle 80's..............which originated from Yumbo!!!!!!!!
Most are imported from Japan or Belgium.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
BUT...they are built under license from Shin, Caterpillar Mitsubishi, using Mitsubishi technology that they bought in the middle 80's..............which originated from Yumbo!!!!!!!!

Er, the "technology" is created from a joint venture, so it's not entirely under license per se. There are a fair number of Cat engineers who work on excavators -- the main design center is in Japan, but that's not to say that Cat has nothing to do with the design and that it's all the brainchild of another company.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Er, the "technology" is created from a joint venture, so it's not entirely under license per se. There are a fair number of Cat engineers who work on excavators -- the main design center is in Japan, but that's not to say that Cat has nothing to do with the design and that it's all the brainchild of another company.

and especially not since Caterpillar owns over 60% of MHI

lrk

Lawrie

Do case still have a tie up with Poclain,I would like to get a cicuit diagram for the hydraulics on a poclain FC 80.
Lawrie

Machine head

Occupation
construction worker
Good evening all , i am new to this site and i am very imprest in what i have read and seen so far.
I am curious to know if Yanmar mini excavators and Wacker Neuson mini excavators have some sort of conection, do Yanmar manafacture mini excavators for Wacker neuson ? maybe one of our european members can fill us in.
thanks

jsw

Occupation
co owner of Wyatt Travels for the past 2 years.
Need Help!! I have a JSW BH80E LC that needs a swinggear box and pump motor. I was told linkbelt or Koreing may have been manufactured by the same company, does anyone
know?

wolfman

Occupation
Wildland Fire Dozer Operator (Fighting Fire with
Deere/Hitachi made at the same time side by side only differance is color and deere has deere engines in them, toured the North Carolina plant in 2002. Very impressive they told us from the time the order sheet come in the front door the machine parts were picked was built, painted, tested and loaded for shipment in 14 days. cool operation.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
Re: Jsw bh80e

i can help.
my boss sold jsw machines before mdi yutani & now kobelco.
yes some of the components used in koreing are the same.
if you e-mail me all the numbers off the tag i can look into where you can purchase.
i have had luck in rebuilding the main hyd pumps on these machines with using after market pump components.
they can be rebuilt.
you can also try H&R construction parts out of buffalo.
1-800-333-0650
i have two customers i know of that are parting out their jsw machines...they are bh80e
i need your serial number of the machine itself for there is a serial number break that helps me determine what your major components are comprised of in order to properly match.
hf_hydraulics@hotmail.com
you do have options i can offer.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Good evening all , i am new to this site and i am very imprest in what i have read and seen so far.
I am curious to know if Yanmar mini excavators and Wacker Neuson mini excavators have some sort of conection, do Yanmar manafacture mini excavators for Wacker neuson ? maybe one of our european members can fill us in.
thanks

G,day Machine Head: I doubt it. Yanmar and Hitachi mini-ex come out of the same factory with some minor differences. Many mini-ex use Yanmar engines.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
G,day Machine Head: I doubt it. Yanmar and Hitachi mini-ex come out of the same factory with some minor differences. Many mini-ex use Yanmar engines.

That's interesting Squizzy...didn't know that.

I know that Deere has had connections with Yanmar for years back, I've worked on Deere FL series mowers that have Yanmar engines. Maybe that's another thread topic; how many mfgs use Yanmar or Kubota diesel engines? Seems those two mfgs have their small diesel engines in a lot of different machines. Oh yeah, maybe Isuzu as well?

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
That's interesting Squizzy...didn't know that.

...ummm... ...nope..better to say nothing:rolleyes::D

I know that Deere has had connections with Yanmar for years back, I've worked on Deere FL series mowers that have Yanmar engines. Maybe that's another thread topic; how many mfgs use Yanmar or Kubota diesel engines? Seems those two mfgs have their small diesel engines in a lot of different machines. Oh yeah, maybe Isuzu as well?
TIGEROTOR77W might know the details of the actual facility in which Hitachi and Yanmar make their mini-ex....I read about in a trade mag a few years ago; but it was just after I bought the Yanmar and had had the local Hitachi salesman blowing heated air up my pants. The Hitachi man contended that his machine was vastly superior. I was actually sitting on aforementioned "superior" machine at the time. Whilst I was at least paying some attention to the good gentleman I was really thinking how similar it was to the Yanmar I had been on the day before. The only real difference I could spot was the sticks and the Yanmar had hydraulic quick hitch while the Hitachi had auto idle.

It looked to me that Hitachi had made their own stick..maybe with Deere???:beatsme but the Yanmar had much better cylinder guards so I went that way. We rarely see Deere mini-ex down here so I don't know if the similarities cross to the Deere mini...I think not.

The reference Wolfman makes above to Deere/Hitachi is certainly true on mid and large machines to some extent but I don't think that applies to the compact ranges.

The Wacker Neuson thing well...with all the re-shuffling in the compact world..re Terex/Bobcat/Ingersoll Rand et al...who knows whos doing who???. Maybe the Yanmar/Hitachi plant is also producing for Wacker...I thought it was terex but:beatsme:confused:

jsw

Occupation
Hello Mr Kobelco,
Thanks for the response, Below is the serial# of the machine however I can't tell
if it starts with a 5 or a S, I believe it is 56L1013. It looks like the part model number is SG08e-008 or 5608e-008 the tag was not very clear, and the serial number is 8712002. If you like you can call me FRANK at 248-343-3667, there are some other numbers that are stamped on the part I'm not sure if they will help , one set is on top 1311-161F the other set is on the bottom 7511-046. I can email a photo.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
TIGEROTOR77W might know the details of the actual facility in which Hitachi and Yanmar make their mini-ex....

I have no idea, sadly... maybe farm_boy?

I wasn't aware that Yanmar and Hitachi are still in a relationship. I know the mini Deeres are Hitachis, but I didn't know that Yanmar is still in the picture.

heavylift

I think the equipment is almost like a the new Nascar cars,,,, more or less the same body... just a different manufacture sticker stuck on the side...

We have Deeres' with orange parts....
a Cat with a bright yellow cab door instead of the dull yellow Cat.... I can't remember if the door has a mitibushi sticker on it or not

milleam

cx470B fuel system?

Does anyone know what brand of fuel system (bosch, denso, etc.) is on the Isuzu 9.8L engine in the CX470B?

stock03

So is there a particular brand to avoid? I'm really confused with my limited knowledge of tractors and such. I was under the impression to stay away from the "gray" market units.

jsw

Occupation
I have a JSW BH80E-LC, which manufacturers were involved in these excavators?