• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which electric grease gun to buy?

NAGreaser

Occupation
Business Development Manager
I would recommend that you put a automatic greasing system on your equipment. That way all you have to do is a quick visual inspection to make sure that all your lubrication points are wet and then move on with your day! Makes things significantly easier and reduces costs a ton....we use Groeneveld systems.

Check out their website @ www.groeneveld.nl

or email me with any questions...you won't regret it!

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Regarding priming any kind of tube type grease gun,all that is necessary is to reload your new tube with the plunger out,screw the barell app. 1/2 way home,release the plunger from the lockout and give it a pump or 2 while you are pushing down the plunger by pressing it against something.Then simply tighten your barell and you're good to go.Absolutely no need for any drilling of any kind,it's not rocket science,all you're doing is releasing trapped air with a little grease that gets wasted.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Regarding priming any kind of tube type grease gun,all that is necessary is to reload your new tube with the plunger out,screw the barell app. 1/2 way home,release the plunger from the lockout and give it a pump or 2 while you are pushing down the plunger by pressing it against something.Then simply tighten your barell and you're good to go.Absolutely no need for any drilling of any kind,it's not rocket science,all you're doing is releasing trapped air with a little grease that gets wasted.

While the above method does work for 95 percent of the air problems sometimes there are still tubes that have air trapped in them usually from being stored sideways in hot weather then when you put them in the grease gun it seems like they will never keep a prime even if you unscrew it partially a few times... I have found what works when all else fails is to smack the grease gun(head first) into the palm of your hand a few times this will jolt the grease into the pump area of the gun displacing the air that is trapped there, this also works for manual grease guns and they are tougher so you can smack them into something harder if you want you just have to be careful with the electric ones as the plastic housing will break if you hit em too hard especially the little holder thingy on the alemite.
On another note we had a lincoln and it broke after about a week, battery terminal in the gun fractured off so we now use 14.4 alemite it's built noticeably tougher... well except for the holder thingy anyways ;)

BlazinSS934

I have the Milwaukee M12 line of cordless 12 volt they have all sorts of tools. They make a nice cordless grease gun. I have used their tools and batteries for 2 1/2 years the grease gun is is about 4 months old and it works great

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
after having my Lincoln 14v for a few years all I can say is they should have done a better job in producing the battery packs.
I haven't gone through 50 tubes in the 2 years I have used one of them and both batteries have taken a crap. I could not recomend them to anyone unless you were to use them a lot more then I do. not only will they not hold a charge but they fall apart at the seam around the bottom.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed

if you have a bulk greaser in the shop try replacing the air bleader on your grease guns with a zerk then fill the grease gun through the zerk and you will no longer have an air problem.

dloiselle

Occupation
General Contracting
I just got the 18 volt Lincoln. Long and short of it, what a monster. The thing pumps super fast, and the pressure. I was bleeding the first tube I put into it, and "pop" a shot of grease over 10 feet into the air. Opened up stuck fittings, and I do mean stuck too. Worth the $300.00 in my opinion. I had the 12 volt for I don;t know how long, ran it over with an excavator, and well, I guess it was time as it had started to catch fire the week before.

TCS

after having my Lincoln 14v for a few years all I can say is they should have done a better job in producing the battery packs.
I haven't gone through 50 tubes in the 2 years I have used one of them and both batteries have taken a crap. I could not recomend them to anyone unless you were to use them a lot more then I do. not only will they not hold a charge but they fall apart at the seam around the bottom.

I have the same Lincoln gun and I agree,the batteries should last longer than they do,but the grease gun itself is at least 6 years old,I use it everyday,it cracked up by the head from me leaning on it getting up off the ground years ago and it is still going strong.

GreaseJockey

Occupation
Sales Manager, Lubrication Equipment
Why use a handheld when you can go with chassis mounted automatic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt1982

If you are looking for reliable, effortless grease guns let me know. We carry MATO out of Germany, they use re-useable tubes and there are no springs and no bleeding. Have a look at www.beka-lube.com and contact us for information. It is the best grease gun system I have ever used, and I have been in the industry for 10 years.