• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which CTL for pool excavation.

Stick Pro

Excellent pick Stickpro...it's a pretty simple pick once you try them all, the BIG CAT and it's features shines....As our Motto goes here on HEF, pictures or it didn't happen my friend .....

Congrats Farmer

These are the only two I have of my machine, all my other photos were on my old phone that broke. We were digging a pool and had to crane the machine over the wall. I started digging at 10:00 and the crane was lifting the machine back over at 1:00. We were having a good day that day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

CatToy

I got the new 289D, enclosed cab, air ride seat, advanced display and 78" tooth bucket and extended warranty for $61,500. I think I got a decent deal.

Was it high flow? Based on my dealings with the local cat dealer you got a great deal, they had a 289D XHP demo with 75 hours that they were hard over on 67K. I would have like a 299 and could have lived with a 289 but could not pass up the value the T770 provided. I think the OP got a good deal based on what my cat quoted.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
These are the only two I have of my machine, all my other photos were on my old phone that broke. We were digging a pool and had to crane the machine over the wall. I started digging at 10:00 and the crane was lifting the machine back over at 1:00. We were having a good day that day.

I know that you're using that cutting edge for wall trimming, but is it adjustable for the bottom curve too?

Ivan01

I have never seen the cutting edge design before, and my fathers been in the business since 1993. We have always trimmed the walls by hand with 6" blades with handles, similar to a shovel and driving them downward, standing at the top edge of the pool. I'm always looking for tools to make the job easier and faster.

Stick Pro

I know that you're using that cutting edge for wall trimming, but is it adjustable for the bottom curve too?

It is welded to the side of the bucket. The only adjustment I get is when u roll the buck over or back. I usually use the bottom edge to get the bowls on the deep end of the pool.

Stick Pro

I have never seen the cutting edge design before, and my fathers been in the business since 1993. We have always trimmed the walls by hand with 6" blades with handles, similar to a shovel and driving them downward, standing at the top edge of the pool. I'm always looking for tools to make the job easier and faster.

The cutting edge is a used grader cutting edge welded to the side of the bucket. U make your side cutting edge vertical and you trim the wall that way, it takes a bit of practice but after you get the hang of it only way to go, around here the ground is to hard 75% of the time to trim the wall with the shovel, and this way is so much easier and a lot lees labor involved. If its up to me and I can do the work with the machine instead of the shovel I am useing the machine.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
It is welded to the side of the bucket. The only adjustment I get is when u roll the buck over or back. I usually use the bottom edge to get the bowls on the deep end of the pool.

What an awesome idea. :cool:

cbhfour

Was it high flow? Based on my dealings with the local cat dealer you got a great deal, they had a 289D XHP demo with 75 hours that they were hard over on 67K. I would have like a 299 and could have lived with a 289 but could not pass up the value the T770 provided. I think the OP got a good deal based on what my cat quoted.

It's a standard flow.

Ivan01

I just wanted to update and say the cat 299D2 now has over 1000 hours of constant pool digging (I purchased new), its been the best investment by far, so glad I went with Cat vs bobcat. No downtown whatsoever with this machine, but our bobcat t450 has been in the shop 5 times already.

Big thanks to Stick Pro for his recommendation. I went with the bobcat 80" bucket after all.

Last edited:

f311fr1

Next rain day take the metal guards that go over the hoses from the drive motors down through the sides of the frame under the cab and inspect the hoses. I have had to replace them on both sides at around 1500 hours and it is not fun in the field. We wrapped the new hoses in flexible rubber like tile square.